Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, November 4, 2022

One More Sleep

Lili and I leave tomorrow.  EEK.  So exciting. The weather report is calling for rain there too.  So I've packed shorts and a rain coat :) 

While we're away the boys are going to Dagen's Bday party.  I had them make cards together.  So cute.  Such concentration.
Jis only eats homemade chocolate chip or sugar cookies from the Chemainus bakery.  I've tried a few sugar cookie recipes and they aren't to her liking.  The cheap meals group put in the 'best' recipe and lots of people agreed it was the best so we tried it. She is eating them!  The boys and Eric like them too.  I'm not excited about the oil/butter flavor, however, they were easy, no rolling or cutters involved and they have the best crunch and flake.  

I haven't had luck finding sewing lessons for Jia and today she was offered 8 hours of sewing lessons through her school.  So exciting.  She is happy but stuck on being less than thrilled about a class that starts at 9:30.  Haha.  Spoiled homeschooler.  We also were notified that she's in the music festival for dance in February.  She's freaked about that.  Also her guitar music teacher inquired about her recital coming up.  She is not impressed.  She feels she's not ready.  Seems soon to us too, however, she has learned a LOT in a short time. She practices every day.
Finn and Coco almost touching!  Wee miracle.  Finn is having issues.  He is leaking pee while he sleeps and pees his bed now and then.  His bed is my couch.  We are on mattress protectors and have two sets now. Also his meds changed and we can now see the sides of his head where skull isn't formed.  I'm feeling like now we've removed too much fluid.  So we're dialing his dose back.  Hopefully the peeing is connected and we can reverse this. ?  So much unknown. I'm worried. He is still the cuddliest baby in the world, he certainly doesn't know there are issues.  
I made travel snack packs for Dec from the Halloween pile.  We get daily emails from Carnival about the cruise.  We leave in six weeks. It's starting to feel like we might actually get on a cruise again.

Lili has some tentative good news.  She is likely going to study abroad.  A trip to Taiwan for 16 days where she will take business courses in marketing and will earn 9 credits.  Typically it's 3 credits per course.  This isn't quite a done deal yet. So exciting though.

Lili is home tonight.  Doing laundry and packing.  I'm packed. I realized today that our Universal tickets didn't show up in the app so I went upstairs to print then so I could scan them into the app. Turned on my computer and realized I had work to do so did a crazy mad woman scurry to get it done before I leave.  Haha.  Figures.  Basically nothing all week.  The tickets did scan right into the app no problem.  The whole trip is paperless!