Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Kai's Waterbottle.

The school called this morning. Kai was at the office in tears.  The secretary said because we didn't send Kai's waterbottle.

Sigh.

Kai has VERY few chores.  One of them is putting his lunch kit and waterbottle in his backpack. His cleaned, refilled and chilled in the fridge overnight waterbottle that is then placed on the table beside his lunch kit.  

I asked if they could send him to the waterfountain or give him a cup.  Apparently this had been tried and the water bottle was special.  I assure you, not special, I buy them at the thrift store and have a few extra on hand because he breaks a few a year.

I asked to talk to him on the phone.  He was clearly upset while I encouraged him to use the fountain.  Oy.  I mean it's not the first time he's forgotten it over the years and he forgets it at school once or twice a week.  Also, he doesn't know how to talk on a phone so Angela had to help him figure out how to hold it and where to talk.  

Now, I'm SUPER impressed that he managed to express a need, find help and get all the way through the ranks of teacher, ea and other kids to get to the office to call for help.  I just wish it had been for something we could help with.  Although Mommy sort of wanted to run his stupid waterbottle to him.  Eric thought not.  No lesson learned that way.  But what lesson are we learning?

Long day waiting for him to come now.  I suspect something else was bothering him and he made it all about the waterbottle.  

In other news, I just booked covid shots for 5 of us.  It was hard to find anywhere in Nov that had five spots and wasn't today.  We ended up with Victoria Nov 25. Which is insane.  Totally insane.  

Eric just checked passport dates and Fei's is up in Feb.  6 weeks past our trip not the recommended 6 months.  Yikes.  I just spent half an hour reading the rules/laws versus suggestions.  We're good. We hope.  I don't believe we could get it done before the trip that would cause extreme stress.  While on the Mexico page we were reading the travel alerts.  Yikes.  It's not pretty.  Bit scary really.  Eric suggested staying on the boat.  I hope he's kidding.  I will agree we should likely stick close to ports and not head off far exploring.  

It's Luk's Gotcha day today.  We're going to have a dinner of Asian appetizers and root beer floats.  We're celebrating tomorrow night with Lili and Fei at Homg Kong House in Nanaimo.