Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Facebook Marketplace

The world is full of scams.  I have had soooo many about the convertible being for sale.  They usually message through the night, I assume their hours.  They often include details that appear to be almost real.  Like a local account, in the same groups with a reference to something Cowichan Valley.  In the end to sell me a $35 dollar car fax.  Usually I lie and say yes I have one and they go away.  I did resort to a pat let me know when you want to see the car.  It's been for sale since Aug.  Shocking to me it took this long but we did get half the money e-transferred today and the 2nd half coming tomorrow.

Here's the funny part.  New buyer messages in the wee hours and says he's in Mexico and won't be home until end of January, he's friends with a friend of mine, if the car is as clean as it looks in the pictures he'll send the money. I'm so convinced he's a scam that I give him my pat answer.  Not giving out personal information like emails and addresses.  He persisted and I told him tons of scams and let us know when you want to see the car.  He sent a friend the next day and today his daughter e-transferred money.  Turns out he is the Dad of one of the girls co-workers from the Rock Cod.  Hillarious.

If only he had mentioned the more obvious connections and used more words.  

Anyways.  The car is half sold. Haha.