Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, January 26, 2024

Santa Monica Pier


















Fei pet a shark.

Jia pet a shark.

Luk pet a shark.

I pet a shark.

I'm ocd enough that this tiny coloring station made me happy.

Jellies!

Baby Jellies!! The size of pencil tips.


We woke to a gorgeous sunrise then an easy three hour drive.  Then we had a great day at the Santa Monica Pier.  It was a beautiful sunny day.  Lots of good people watching. The kids all got along and had some fun together. The girls took Luk with them to ride the ferris wheel :)  We had lunch at Bubba Gumps.  One of Eric's favorites.  He bought a bunch of his favorite hot sauce to bring home.   We ended our time there at the aquarium under the pier.  A small but fun little experience.  I'm always facinated with how much the kids love a museum.  

There were some cool experiences there.  We got to pet sharks!!  Luk did it too.  Usually he holds back but not today. There were shark pups there too.  Also baby jelly fish.  So tiny you have to get your eye on the glass to see them but then you realize the tiny dots are actually swimming.  They are incredibly cute.  There were fish in tanks that were all quite interested in us.  Wild.  I had fun bonding with one of them.  He was following me, turning his head like I was and swimming to hold his position and holding eye contact.  The girls think I'm nuts but I think we were connecting.  Haha.  Fun times.  

We're checked into our hotel.  The girls and I hung outside by the pool and enjoyed the sun.  Eric napped.  The boys watched tv.  We had lots of grandiose dinner ideas but I was feeling chilled and Eric is tired so we ubered in Panda Express.  It's another early night.  

Headed to the cruise tomorrow!  

I couldn't load the pictures.  They all went on the page sideways. ?  Then wouldn't load.  The wifi keeps stopping here and the data is 5G without wifi so it's pretty crappy.  
It was nice in L.A. for our one night before the cruise.

Lili sent me this picture, she ate a piece of fork and was worried.  I assured her it would likely just pass.  But, will it?