Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

New Year

We were 3 families, 6 adults, 8 kids, 10 dogs.  I think the dog party went well.  They all got along ;)  
Floof time of course.
Fei and friends went out for hot pot.  I asked if it would be a fun family thing to do.  She said it was difficult without good chop stick skills and she was getting help.  So we decided that perhaps just a night at home forcing us all to use chop sticks first.  I mean we can get the food to our mouths but reaching out and cooking would be a stretch.

Lili went out to the Showroom and then to the Fort with a friend.  She came home after we were all in bed.
More floof time.
Ken brought his new waffle maker and treated us to a breakfast feast.

Then on day one of the new year I was feeling great but tired.  When our guests left Eric and I held down couches for a nap.  We woke to someone at the door, Eric's sister.  I was chilled and shakey. So of course figured I just needed food.  We ate a late lunch.  The chill presisted.  We had someone coming to see the convertible in an hour so I figured there was time for a hot tub.  

I spent half an hour in there and it didn't even touch the chill.  I had goosebumps and was shivering.  Then was dizzy getting out so E helped me to the couch and settled me under the electric blanket.  I guzzled some apple juice, ate a cookie and had a dozen smarties.  Then prayed for sleep so I could get a break from how freaking cold I was.

This was likely more crohns related than diabetes.  Possible electrolyte and dehydration issues.  Hard to tell with me.

Eric locked the pups away from me, we fear they'll bite the electric blanket.  Coco in particular likes to chew holes in blankets.  

From here it just got worse.  There was fainting, extreme sweating, dizziness, nausea.  I needed help to walk upright because I was wanting to just crumble to the floor and all the while still freaking freezing.  I did faint while sitting on the toilet.  When I came to Eric was holding me up and Fei was taking vitals.  Blood pressure, heart rate, temperature and she even did a finger prick for blood sugar.  

This was quite possibly the longest and worst chill to date.  Frankly I was a bit surprised I didn't wake up in the hospital.  I did try another hot tub 2nd day but stupidly thought since I felt better it would be ok.  Nope.  Thankfully Eric came to check on me and helped me navigate back into the house.  Oy.  I was alternating between cold and sweating all of day two but I think the worst is over.  Pedialite freezies, liquid iv and gatorade to the rescue.  

What a way to start the year.  Oh, and thinking seeing their Mom fainting would be scary I tried talking to the kids, they didn't even know.  Wild.  

Oh and a deal was made on the convertible, we'll see if there is follow through.  Operation downsize is working.  I still have to let go of the moho and my Commander, I'm not ready.  In my secret world of fantasies we drive the moho to Puerto Vallarta and put it in an rv resort.  The resort I'm interested in is $5000 a year and a 10 year permit for the moho is $180.  This isn't realistic yet.  I know that.  But dreams are good.  

Oh, oh, and in a feverish state I realized I missed the opening of ticket purchases for Jeepapaloosa 2024.  I got our ticket in the wee hours.  It's a camping weekend  with a guided trail ride. And all things Jeep.  I'm insanely excited.