Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, January 8, 2024

So this is January.

Not a lot of picture taking going on.

We did have a holiday miracle yesterday.  The boys both have shoes for the trip.  Our first get a way that I'm not shopping for out of season shoes!  

The packing has begun.  The cash, visa cards and passports are in my travel purse so we're basically ready. Bhahaha.  Seriously.  It's well in hand.  We'll see who derails me.  So far so good.  I tried on bathing suits today and picked a couple.  I'm getting wet this trip.  I will not be stuck in the room for the whole cruise!  Fist in air.  

Lili has been super busy.  Having a social life and moving into her new room.  Shelves were bought.  Eric installed a new outlet.  Closet organization happened.  She showed me pictures and it looks so nice but I'm not allowed to post.  

On Saturday Eric and I escaped for a bit.  It was sunny.  I've been pretty down with the worst news about a friend. So getting out and just not sobbing for a bit was much needed.  We went out for lunch and went to Mom's so Eric could help her with a broken cupboard hinge.  We stayed cozied in for a while.  Then sirens came.  Next door.  After some sluthing we figured her neighbor Kevin was the person of interest except the car that came after the ambulance left and his girlfriend was on the porch on the phone. Then the police came with a camera.  Not good.  He had died.  How brutal.  So that was a tad jarring.  I didn't know him but Mom really liked him.  We heard the next day that someone else in the park died that night.  Two in one day!  

My friend and co-worker Sandi is ending her battle with cancer.  She has gone home to die. We've worked together for 37 years.  Fuck cancer.  I will miss her tremendously.

So life is short and often sucky.  We have to find the joys.  Like miracle not having to go shoe shopping days.  Oh and Kai cried about having to try on shoes so I put words over his crying "how fortunate I am to have a Dad that will help me find shoes to wear in Mexico so I won't be too hot in runners".  Then he stopped crying and thanked Eric.  

Late on Friday night, like midnight, I went online to see when the booking for camping season was opening.  Only to find out it was already open.  Oy.  I booked my favorite site number at Rathtrevor for Easter.  Then sent out messages to the camping friends.  Early Saturday morning we had five families booked for Easter weekend!  So fun.

I also booked random April weekends at French Beach and another at Rathtrevor.  With Jeepapaloosa that four weekends booked.  Next to book is our anniversary weekend June 1.  We haven't decided what we're aiming for yet.  I want San Josef Bay but Eric offered up high tea at Butchart which sounds fun too.  

Wednesday I'm off to the gynecologist again.  Every three months.  Monitoring a growth/tumor.  I hate this.  A lot.  I did have an appointment with the Endocrinologist on Saturday.  Nothing monumental for changes.  

Today I'm at my desk.  I just keep thinking that every month I take my back up accounting stick to Sandi and this time I don't even know who it will go to and I'm dreading going to her office.  Sob.  

The weather report says we have snow coming.  Which is fine as long as it's gone by the 24rth.  The van is in today getting an oil change and check up in preperation for the trip.  We purposefully didn't sell the Commander yet in case we needed a 7 seater 4x4 for this trip.  Praying we won't need to use it.