Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Sea Day



















A restful sleep with the ships swaying movement under heavy duvets, watching the sunrise from bed.  A decadent sea day brunch in the dining room with all of us except Jia, of course.  Then we all seperated for different activities.  I hit a hot tub and stayed in for a long long time.  I met a fellow China adoptive dad who is on board with his wife and 14 year old daughter.  Shannon hung out with me and made another duck.  She's having fun gifting little kids with her ducks.  Jia is hoping for one of Shannon's cuties.  I'm slowly hiding my ducks each time I head out.  Eric and Ken went on a brewery tour that they both enjoyed.  I found my favorite lanaii with the big round beds and had a lovely lounge around in the sun.  While dolphins went by.  Cruise magic.  It was a formal night so we got gussied up and did family pictures after dinner.  Tons of fun.  Everyone going in different directions.

Kai is struggling.  Poop issues again.  He needs his routines and home.  He's not happy, he's had enough holiday.  I hate to use respite but all four kids are asking me why we bring him.  Sigh.  Eric got called on the special needs phone to go get Kai from kids club.  He was locked in the bathroom for 50 minutes.  When Eric got there he came out with his shirt on backwards and his underwear on inside out.  So, ya, that's weird.  He then proceeded to yell loudly to everyone that he pooped and used a lot of paper.  We skipped attempting kids club tonight.  He wasn't looking great at dinner.  He's eating too much.  He was not impressed with family photo time.  It's another early night for Eric and I stuck in the room with Kai.  Disappointing for sure.  Both of us are encouraging the other to head out but choosing to hang out together.  

Funny thing.  Also a bit perplexing or frustrating.  People decorate their doors.  It helps identify your door in long hallways.  I made six ducks with magnets.  They're cute.  One was stolen on day 1.  Fei found it on another door down the hall so we stole it back and put it back on our door.  Today another one has been stolen.  They're clearly not hiding since they're decorating a door.  Part of me thinks if someone wants them badly enough to steal them then they can have them the other part is like no way man, I'll just bring them inside and skip decorating the door.  The problem is clearly that they're ducks. 

Another sea day tomorrow.