Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Snow Day

Eric is outside now shoveling.  I'm fairly certain he's digging Oscar out in case we need him.  Plus I mentioned that I wanted a picture of him out in the snow and that I couldn't get a good one of him from the porch.  

I'm fairly certain the kids won't go out to play.  Zero interest.  I sort of want to head out and wander around but I'll just end up cold.  Best to gaze out the window for now.  I do hope that Eric and I can go out this afternoon and try out Oscar in 4x4 mode.  I tried to shift him into 4x4 on the weekend and couldn't do it so I need a lesson.  

The boys school was cancelled.  I canceled Kai's speech lesson.  Lili's VIU campus is closed so we're good to be home.  I had a doctor appointment in Victoria yesterday so we stopped at Costco and endured the most crowded shopping event of all time.  We had to line up to get into each row!  We were parking the cart and reporting back.  Two hours in there.  It was sort of fun but completely nuts.  We didn't shop any fun isles.  Just food.  We're nicely stocked up for a few days.  I'm assuming the store was that busy on an early Tuesday afternoon because there was snow in the forecast.  

I had seen pictures of the falls at Goldstream frozen solid and our plan was to hike in and see for ourselves but after two hours in a cold Costco I was too chilled to bother with the hike.  
Eric has layered the hot tub.  Haha.  It's working.  The cheap little blow up spa is holding temperature!  Walter has been home every night, so in a cold snap he does actually live here.  

Yesterday I dropped the year end box for work off with the accountant.  So my desk is actually under control before we leave.  I'm almost done swapping the files around for 2024.  The packing is under control and the forecast for next week bodes well for the road trip part.  
I always pack a night light for cruise rooms.  I forgot to pack one and then found this one in a thrift store.  Too cute.  Color changing too.  

The house is warm, there is banana cake in the oven.  Lili, Eric and I did some chores around the house.  We have some shows to watch later.  It's all good here.