Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, February 12, 2021

Lunar New Year

Lili and Fei made dinner!  It was fabulous.  And so much fun for all of us to gush and praise their efforts.  I did the dishes.  It's 6:00 and we're already settling in for the evening.  I'm already in pj's.  
Happy Lunar New Year everyone. It's looking massively different for us this year.  What is normally a full two week spring festival celebration with lots of different events and fun is toned down to a dumpling feast at home with just the family tonight.  The kids are taking this in stride.  They're happy enough.  I didn't even bother decorating the house this year.  Just doesn't feel very festive without the friends around.  Treats and money were handed out as usual this morning.  Eric and I are dressed in red.  The boys were looking for their dragon t-shirts this morning.  I'm at work today so Lili is shopping for a couple missing ingredients and the family is going to attempt dumpling making without me.  New moto, it is what it is.  ---   This was my Facebook post.  Just copied it here.  
The doggies got dumplings too.  They're sitting so nicely together.  Jia got this picture.  They sit like this often but the second I move Coco leaps up so I never get the shot.

Jia lost her Roblox account.  I had time today to call and get it repaired.  She's one happy girl.  So happy she sat with the boys and got them accounts set up and is playing online with them now. It's pretty rowdy in our kitchen.  Fun times.

So...is there snow coming?  What does this long weekend look like?!  We have an episode of Resident Alien and a Big Sky to watch tonight so that's fun.  Lili and Eric have a Wanda Vision for tonight so they're happy about that one.

Lili is on a reading break.  She gets to take the whole weekend off.  Fei has caught the cold from the littles.  She's sneezing her head off.  Just in time for her Birthday.  She says she's always sick on her Bday.  I don't have that memory.  

Kai hasn't been told yet that tomorrow is his metcha day.  That will be a fun tell tonight.