Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Miss Rosie is with her new family.

She went to the vet today, special needs as we expected, we were shocked to hear she is visually impaired.  They were surprised she can see at all and are guessing she sees light and shadows.  She motored around here ok, although admittedly was hitting her head a lot. No other anomalies.  No parvo.  Mary wanted to get her before the snow fall.  So she and May walked over and we did a puppy hand off and they boarded right back on the same boat.
She vomited in the kennel, long drive for her.  She's new to car rides.  Fei and I had to baby wipe her clean.  Poor wee thing.  It was crazy cold in the terminal so I stuffed her in my 
coat. She napped while we waited.
The actual gotcha moment.  Why yes, I was indeed attempting to keep my tears at bay.  Half thrilled for Rosie meeting her family.  Half sad for me.  I fell hard for this sweet girl.  
Mary and May kept us updated on their first moments.  Prayers for smooth sailing and a calm night for them all.  New babies are the best.
I wore the sweat suit I got for my bday today.  Lili was surprised I was heading out wearing it, she says it looks like pajamas.  It was comfy and warm.  It was good to get back and get cuddles with the two little ones.  
Eric sent me this picture while we were out.  She growls at Isabel when I'm around.  
Fei got this one of Coco.  Gorgeous.  We just heard today that one of the pups seized by the spca had hydrocephalus the same as Rosie and Coco and the spca didn't consider the dog worthy of a chance and euthanized it.  The seizure story is long, complicated and grossly exaggerated.  Not my place to post about it.  My stress level is high. The breeder knew spca would put Rosie down so stuffed her in a purse and ran with her.  I was asked to take her and I'm pretty pleased we got her out.  She is a real rescue baby now.  She has two needs, one the same as Luk and one the same as Kai.  So yes, she does have a right to live, so does Coco.  Sickening that others would make the choice to kill them.  So tonight I hold them closer and appreciate that we're the lucky ones that get to enjoy them.