Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Breaking Down

Wish I had time to blog about the girls moving out.  

We came home from moving day in Nanaimo and Fei's tb test in Victoria.  Or as we're calling it, mad scramble day. For Eric to find that sewer had backed up into our shower upstairs. It was gross and smelly but luckily no damage done.  Unnamed child had plugged a toilet.  Sigh.  Eric was a hero dealing with it all.  I got to lounge with puppies and have snacks.   I am aware of how lucky I am!

If only kids would tell you when something goes wrong.

Our motorhome fridge won't stay lit.  Another gross mess.  That Eric found and dealt with. Again, I do know how great he is. We can't get a gas technician appointment until Oct 2.  Replacement fridge is $3500.  Sigh.

I've been telling Eric for a while (several weeks) that there is something wrong with the hot water tank.  It finally went today.  We had an electrician in today and the elements both need replacing.  Eric will be attempting to get new ones tomorrow.  

At the same time our dryer quit.  Eric narrowed the problem down to the electrical panel.  So we didn't have to find a new dryer today.  The panel issue was what made Eric call the electrician.  Looks like a breaker needs replacing.  

Eric is off tomorrow to Abbotsford to help Charles with their move to the island.  I'm really hoping we get hot water before he leaves.  I'm fine to skip laundry while he's gone if the breaker isn't fixed ;)  We're not picking Eric up until Friday evening.  Working from home comes in handy this week.  Haha.  I still have the shower in the moho if he can't locate elements.

I shopped this afternoon at Walmart with Lili and Fei.  We had two carts, one for them and one for me.  They did their first big shop to stock their kitchen.  I picked up convenience food for the next couple days.  
They were so cute together trying to pick items.  Their first roommate debate.  A little vacuum cleaner on sale that came in blue or purple.  In the end, I deemed the vacuum to be Fei's and therefore, purple.  

It's Kai's Birthday on Friday.  So weird for Eric Lili and Fei to miss a family B-day.