Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Chihuahua Ramp Surprise

Our Coco can't make the jump from the steps to the bed and Finn can't manage the steps down.  I asked Eric for a ramp.  Hidden.  And he did it today while I was out.  I was just at my desk and Coco really wanted me to see something.  Haha.  The mattress is shoved tight to the headboard to make room at the foot board.  Now to try and teach them all how to get under the bed for their secret passageway.  The girls have learned down already.  

Everything and anything to avoid real life problems.

Jia was moved into a classroom yesterday without her Max and with her bullies.  We love the teacher.  Lots of talking about the reasons they have to go to school.  Making new friends.  Ignoring the bullies.  Being a better friend.  Rising above the issues.  Hard stuff.  I spent some time online yesterday afternoon looking into the Grove or homeschooling with the tech teacher she had pre covid.  It was a miracle we got her back to school today. Honestly, I don't know how much longer we can in good conscience continue to push the torture on her.  I DO NOT want to homeschool but it's really starting to look appealing for Jia who is just so unhappy there.  I had really hoped when her old group got split up that it might be for the better but being with the kids that make fun of her for being Chinese and tell her she's ugly just might not be the best solution.  

Kai is distressed at the move.  He says the classroom only has chapter books and it's all too hard.

Luk was happy thank goodness.

Lili and Fei continue to enjoy their new campus life.  Fei's new stethoscope and nurses watch arrived yesterday, we get to take it to her tomorrow. That's fun.  
The rock finish we tried on the new deck didn't hold up.  It cracked.  I've been bugging Eric all summer to get a new finish down. He started yesterday.  The pool is closed up and patio furniture put away for winter.  Summer went by at lightning speed. 
My gorgeous kid.  Imagine anyone telling her she's ugly?!! We're allowed back on the school grounds.  My evil/protective stare is ready! 
We all had a play date on Sunday.  Shannon and I hung out with kids while the men folk went to an event.
Brewery and the Beast.  I think they thought they were getting lots of beer and it was actually more about the food.  Haha. They had a great time even if they may have over eaten and had a bit of regret over how they were feeling.  Eric skipped dinner and evening snack.