Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Photo dump.

Facebook memories.  
Kai attempting his first follow the directions build.  We're 3 mornings and 2 afternoons in.  ;)  Luk helps for a second then waits to get called again.  
Fei sent me a picture of her books for year one.  $1900 for books.  Today she's working on scrubs, shoes and a stethoscope. Wanna know how much stethoscopes are?  How the heck did she even get them home?!  Our deal with the girls is that we'll pay tuition and housing including a grocery allowance and they do books and supplies.  It literally pains me to make them pay.  I know the studies say that people who pay and participate in the costs of University inherently do better.  I have to remind myself of this constantly.  Fei's costs are WAY higher than Lili's have been.  Fei isn't complaining. 
Eric and I did a thing today. We had moved Luk's clothing to an armoir in the hallway.  Now that he's staying with Kai, we emptied their closet and moved Luk's clothing into the closet shelves.  He'll be so surprised when he gets home today!  We're just thrilled to have the landing back and the mirror.  I still have to sort Kai's clothing.  Another day.  The toys are a disaster too.  That might need another day or two.  Haha. The idea originally was to get Luk's clothing away from Kai because he will literally try to put anything in front of him on.  The hope right now is that he doesn't know the closet opens or how it opens ;)
On the first day of school we went into Jia's room to get Isabel's bedding to launder.  Then just started grabbing her laundry.  Then starting putting away piles of clean stuff and before we knew it we were dealing with bits and bobs and just zoomed through sorting and cleaning her room for her.  Honestly I was thinking perhaps it would make her happy since she's so despondent about school.  We opened her blinds.  Made her bed.  All surfaces were cleaned.  All of her clothing sorted.  She seemed pleased and actually thanked us.  She immediately closed her blinds and started recreating a bed nest.  

I am completely AWARE that the kids should clean their own rooms.  They normally do.  They're horrible at it. For big cleans I get them to work with me.  It is WAY faster to just do it.  We're definitely short on available time these days.  
Another Facebook memory.  They were just sooo cute. I didn't spend enough time appreciating how cute and sweet they were.  I want a do over.