Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Broken Glasses.

Not a kid...me...I have zero clue how or when I broke them. Just had a heck of a time on the Luk's last trip keeping them on my face.  Adjusting them non stop.  Figured it was an adjustment/screw issue.  Finally inspected them and the plastic part of the arm was broken in half and severely bent out.  Oy.  Not in the budget for today.  But.  Need them.
I finally made time yesterday, there was a sale at Superstore.  My prescription was from June. I didn't bother getting new ones then because the distance numbers were the same and I liked the ones I had.  

So, check this out.  Glasses 890.00, 30%off with Eric's BCAA card,  used 390.00 on PC points and got 40,000 pc points.  Final bill $216.  I was pleased.  

Going back to clip on sunglasses.  Old style.  The transitions don't work in the car.  

Kai had a pediatrician appointment yesterday. He has zero signs of puberty so it's time for him to see an endocrinologist.  We were expecting no puberty as a part of his syndrome.  The concern is that without hormones he won't reach adult height.  He wasn't as co-operative yesterday. Cheeky.  She wanted him to take deep breaths.  I suspect he didn't know how and instead of trying he said "NO, you can't make me".  Then he said the same thing to Eric when he tried to get him to co-operate.  I reminded him that we control the snacks.  Which made him almost cry but at least he stopped being rude.  

Jia had a parent/teacher/student meeting. She continues to do well with high praise for the work she does.  He would still like to see more output.  I did explain to him again how difficult it is to get her sitting and focused.  He is suggesting we lean to the hyper focus and do all we can think of in that genre.  So Outsiders everything it is.  For poetry she gets to break down the music from the movie.  She gets to keep a journal of feelings from the point of view of the boys.  More character studies.  All writing pieces can be about social issues or history pertaining to the story.  It's also time to really tackle the math since she's finally finished up strong on the reviews.  I acknowledge that this is great for Jia AND I don't love having to be involved in the details.  

I do like the school and the teacher and the way 'school' is being dealt with and handed out.  I'm decently sure we'll look to move Luk there for grade 8.  Occasionally Jia suggests going to high school one day but honestly I don't see it happening.  Never say never though.  

Luk continues to do well but has opted to stay home from school all week before spring break.  He's lounging and gaming online when his friend gets home from school.