Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, March 17, 2023

More ferry issues/Day 3.

Our 2 1/2 hour appointment was 4 1/2.  Cry.  
They literally built Luk's afo's while we were there.  LONG BORING appointment.  

We zoomed to the 5:45.  Made it at 5:20.  Got a lecture that we need to check in an hour before.  She didn't however tell us we might not make it.

We didn't make it.  5 cars ahead of us.  Arg.  We still had the 8:15 reservation but we used our return tap and I paid for Jia on the 5:45.  So couldn't just drive out and start again without paying again.  Jia and I left Luk in the car.  He isn't mobile.  Then we trudged to the toll booths.  Got the same woman.  Let her know we had the other reservation and wanted to use it.  Two workers told us we were CERTAIN to get on next but I pushed for refund and redo since sleeping in the car is NOT an option for Luk.  

We just moved over two lanes and are now CERTAIN to get on the 8:15.  Phew.  What a day.  

I've cried a little.  I definitely feel like I need some alone time for a long cathartic scream/cry.

Oh, and Luk's new hardware is freaking huge.  He's a size 2, they're suggesting a size 5 for him.  I'd venture that won't be enough.  Poor kid is going to look like he's wearing clown shoes.  His mobility is crazy bad still.  He full on needs assistance.  I suggested a cane for at home and that made him super mad.  ?  

We won't be home until after 11.  
Pirate Paks.  We are on the 8:15 and happy with food in front of us.