Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Family Dr.


Lili, Fei and I still don't have a family Doctor.  I just called this morning to book an appointment for Jia.  The new Doctor Eric and the kids just got went to London on holiday and never came back.  They don't know where she is. Seriously. 

We can't self refer for a pediatrician. Or use telehealth for a child. So it looks like Jia and I are getting up early to stand in line by 7am, hoping for a spot when the walk in opens at 9.  Our system is so broken.

I did manage to redo Luk's Children's trip next week to accommodate the other appointments.  I couldn't find a link to change the ferry reservations so after a half hour of attempting I finally called.  No problem, they're happy to do that over the phone.  But, she booked me wrong side both ways. So it took a while to sort.  I now have the wrong reservation numbers going both ways but am booked on the right times, days and side.  So that will likely be fun at the terminal.  

Then I had a long chat today with a ferry representative about ferry booking issues and how exactly to get a medically fragile child on the ferry without a reservation.  Apparently if I don't have a reservation and the boat is full the only way to jump the line is with a letter from a Doctor with the days date, Dr number, patient number and reason.  I explained that this would obviously be very difficult in an emergency.  Especially if it happens outside of business hours for our pediatrician.  Yeesh.  I mean she works part days, four days a week and takes a lot of holidays.  The other option, go to hospital and request a helicopter.  Seriously.  Omg.  

Jia has a lot of math to do.  I want her focused on getting it done during March.  Eric took her phone away today.  This doesn't work with her.  I stepped in and fine tuned his rules.  2 hours a day of math before she gets her phone back each day.  She asked 4 times about her phone while we were working in the workbook.  So now every ask gets her 10 more minutes of math.  Really, at this point we are all just learning to hate math passionately.  

I'm having a pretty frustrating day. Oh and Jia wants to quit quitar.  I called today and got her teacher who was surprised because he thought they were having fun and she is doing so well.