Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Pomade.

Isabel is still doing ok after the big fall.  Eric is outside, I'm at my desk.  She just snuck upstairs.  I've locked her in our room and called Eric to come and help her down the stairs.  You'd think she would remember and avoid them!  
Yesterday Eric and I ran errands, prepping Luk, Jia and I for three days of appointments at Children's.  Groceries, gas and a car wash.  Immediately after the car wash my Jeep was acting out big time.  We luckily got an appointment for today.  Cylinder 3 was miss firing.  Eric says it's been doing it for a long time.  I didn't notice.  Apparently she now runs better than ever.  One more thing not in this months budget.  So we were up early to deliver the car.  Then to the farm.  4 new babies this year.  Only one girl.  She's pretty sweet.  I got to pet a few cows and the barn cats.  
After we picked up the Jeep we went home to pick up the trailer and grab a free bed for the 5th wheel.  Lian, beau and dog are coming soon and they need a bit of privacy.  The dog is a rescue and didn't do very well the last time she was here in our house.  

Ok, getting Izzy downstairs was awful.  She was petrified and refused to move.  Eric had to carry her and she flipped in his arms halfway down, I have no idea how he managed to get them both to the bottom.  My guts are in knots.  

The kids and I are all less than thrilled about our trip tomorrow. I bought mini egg cookies but that is simply not enough joy to carry us though 3 days.  Sigh.  It's 6:30 and Eric is just getting started on dinner. Kai goes to bed at 7.  I'm sorting laundry, putting it away and packing.  Jia and Luk are trying to help.  We didn't get any homework done today.  I'm feeling way less organized than usual.
Oh, and yesterday Jia requested pomade.  Believe it not this is actually still a thing!  Superstore had it. The transformation to a full on Greaser is now complete.  

Fei's last day of classes is Friday! So exciting.

Lili is in the middle of an extremely awful project with four other students.  Language barriers, cultural differences, sexism, racism and one who is a dictator.  It's hard to watch.  I really, really, really want to be at a meeting and go into parent lecture mode on them.  

And that's just some of the happenings around here.