Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Heat!

I woke up today to the sound of Eric bleeding the lines on radiators.  It's already so warm in here.  Ahhh.   They obviously don't bleed, the valve just releases air.  

In our week we're still dealing with selling stuff.  Kai potty issues.  Getting ready for winter and appointments. Everyone looking at the 5th wheel wants to live in it.  They want it but don't have places to put it or money to buy it.  It's been interesting, sad and frustrating.  Yesterday's shopper was a doozy.  Eric and I ranted for a few minutes after she left.  I'm hoping she isn't the one to come through.  That's petty of me.  She was a real nut.  

Kai has reverted a bit with pottying at school so out of desperation I imposed new rules yesterday.  Harsh ones and involving food so he knows I mean business.  For every day there is a note in the back and forth book about dirty or wet pants there will be no after school snack.  He cried hard at this.  12 years old.  Yeesh.  Next, for every time he poops at home there will be a small candy treat.  In an effort to encourage him to stop saving his pooping time for school. He likes the attention and hands on help in the bathroom at school.  He wants to be babied.  It's weird and definitely crazy making.

Part of my coping methods when things are a bit nuts around here is to take the focus off of the kids issues.  Quite frankly we've been trying to potty train Kai for 8 years. As well as teach Luk to be more responsible with his bathroom issues.  The trailer search has been really good for me, perfect timing. A fun distraction.

Our debate of downsizing to one rv rages on.  I'm losing the battle.  Eric wants a mid size trailer. So it's looking more like replacing the motorhome than replacing Cheese.  Back to needing bigger sites, sani dumps and more challenging drives and parking.  It's a weird fight because I can't deny that all the perks of a proper toilet, beds for everyone, a full size fridge with seperate freezer are all really appealing things.  We saw one a week ago that we compare all others to.  So today we're heading back for a second look.  We're bringing Mom for the sniff test.  We're bringing boys to see if either can get in an upper bunk.  Pulling out the awning and trying propane things.  It's getting serious.  

I'm overthinking and worrying trailer weights.  Eric went to Dodge today and confirmed a few things with both the van and the Jeep.  The trailer should be ok for both and the mechanic (35 year red seal with Dodge) gave Eric a bunch of ideas for increasing towing capabilities on both.  So today I'm cautiously hopeful that we can almost agree.
I love this kitchen!  
These are the Falcon we're zeroing in on.  Eric is totally intrigued by the tin cladding in three rows.  We've never seen one like this before.  Fingers crossed.

We also found out the Jeep has a couple recalls outstanding so she'll go in for those as soon as I make an appointment.  So many appointments.  

Eric has been struggling to find parts for the moho.  He lucked upon a guy by chance that has the same motor at home that he's parting out.  He picked up the replacement part today for $150.  We thought it would be $1000 plus if we could even find one to order. Update, the part didn't fit.  New one ordered for 700. Hopefully it arrives eventually. It's super sad to imagine selling the moho but as we look to retire and downsize spending we really don't need big engines to repair in the future.  If the future plans were to only camp on the island we would keep the moho.  

Lili and Lian are going to see Mackenzie Porter in Vancouver in November.  She enlisted me to get her tickets today when the venue opened as she's in class.  It was easy.  General seating.  

Eric is closing up the pool today.

Jia starts school on the 28th.  

It's Luk's Birthday on Saturday.  He wants nothing. His only request so far is clam chowder at the Rock Cod.  

Oh....and the biggest news of all...my a1c is below target!!  I just had blood work yesterday.  6.4 (goal is anything under 7) I was blown away when I checked.  It has never been that low.  I have an appointment with the Endocrinologist next week.  Curious to see if there will be med changes. Oh, and it finally happened, I went to Superstore yesterday and there is no Ozempic.  Update: they called it came in! I'm on a list.  I have one week to locate some.  My plan was to splurge on something with white flour and sugar after the fasting blood test.  Then I felt too guilty and just didn't bother and because I'd missed breakfast and ate a small brunch I was off schedule and ended up in a stupid low by dinner time.  They are scary and shocking how fast I plummet.  Eric gave me a bowl of fried rice and I felt human again after about 10 minutes.  Crazy.

It took all summer but I finished Gilmore Girls.  I miss them now.