Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

It's a Jeep thing.

Eric is having fun in the new toy too.  He got the wave today from another Wrangler.  So fun.
Today we dropped the boys at school and then ran some errands.  We got the Jeep in at noon for an oil change and safety inspection.  Then we found a detail person that we liked that is CONFIDENT we'll be happy with what he can do to clean her up. We attempted shopping locally for a couple replacement parts but no luck ordering new or using auto wreckers.  So Amazon it is.  

The boys had a nice first day.  Original pants still on ;)  They were given a choice of out with us for lunch or home.  Yup, they chose home.  Eric and I ate at Thai Pinto in Chemainus and it was really good.  Then the Jeep was ready to be picked up.  No real surprises.  The front sway bar needs replacing.  Which Eric knew.  Something or other thingy mcbob in the back is leaking and needs a thingma jiggy thing replaced.  Haha.  I listen really great sometimes.  Anyways it's booked for that repair.  All the fancy dancy work we were told was done already really was done.  
Now the big event of the day.  Almost 19 years ago when I was super sick we moved to town.  I did NOT want to move.  It took years and years and years for me to get over it.  Eric wasn't thrilled with the dark forest, living in winterland and he wanted the kids spending less time in the car.  He did present me with a fancy white key with Ladybugs on it.  I loved it. A couple weeks ago he took it off my key ring.  I asked him not to.  A few times since I've been unable to lock or unlock the door and I've had to send him to do it.  He hasn't complained.  I should have known.  Today I asked for the key back.  He responded with "the thing is.....".  Lost.  Of course.

While we were at Canadian Tire I chose an Eyore key.  It didn't work.  Eric took it back and they were out of that one so Eric got me a Tigger.  The fun surprise was seeing that the back has the gang on it.  

The family is now all on the lookout for my ladybug key.  If we weren't looking for something what would we be doing?