Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, November 5, 2023

A wee catch up.

Eric is fine tuning the trailer.  I said the area above the fridge seemed like wasted space.  So he punched the panel out.  Right then and there.  It was alarming.  Haha.  He fixed some loose wires in there.  Sealed some air gaps.  And made it pretty.  Now we have space for the electronics box and all the dvds.  He even created a strap to hold the big dvd binders in place for travel.
A couple shelves were added.  One always needs more shelves.  

He also installed a little inverter in the outside cubby space under our bed so we won't hear the fan anymore.  He ran a cord up and I got an extra outlet that will be nice for charging the battery in my heated blanket.  Hmmm.  Now wondering if this means I can take my electric blanket from home with us.  I do have a bit of fear leaving my hot tub and heading out in an ultra light trailer in November.  We really have zero idea if it will stay warm enough for me.  Oscar has an amazing heater, my plan is to turn him into a sauna now and then as needed.

I had a ton of fun using the new boondocking membership.  I have five nights organized with five different host families.  We'll be staying on their properties.  They are all our age.  They all rv.  I think it's going to be a lot of fun.  At the very least it will be interesting.  

So, the car and trailer are all ready for next Saturday.  Now to concentrate on work and getting the kids organized.  
Fei ducked me!  I love him.  
The girls did the Taylor Swift movie together.  If you haven't seen it and even if you're not a fan, it's a good movie/experience.  So, Taytay announced new Vancouver dates.  Tickets go on sale Thursday.  You need to be a verified fan and not everone who applies for a code will get one.  Lili is on it.  She has us all registered hoping for codes and a chance at tickets.  

Lili things.  She is moving home mid December.  Her last term is a bit lighter, plus her rent increased significantly.  I prefer to think she just wants to be with us ;)  She is planning a dumpling night with friends but wants to practice making them here start to finish.  So today we're getting a bonus dumpling night.  I will help her fill the wrappers.  We'll also use today to celebrate Luk's gotcha day since we'll be away for the actual day.  He's requested butter shrimp for that day which Lili will make for him.  
Look what I got!!  Totally frivolous.  I put it in my cart a month ago but refused to pay the price.  It went on sale and Amazon let me know.  So I did it.  Now, here's the thing, Fei has fancy/pricey water bottles that she swears by.  Then Jia got one that she raves about.  I definitely was thinking a cup is a cup and they were wasting money.  I bought mine more for the picture.  Well, let me tell you.  This Tervis cup is freaking amazing!  Not kidding.  It's my new current favorite thing.  It keeps my water COLD all day, all night. I'm constantly shocked at how cold it is after sitting.  

Eric has been busy all weekend.  Constant movement.  I've been puttering.  The boys wanted to do NOTHING all weekend.  I tried.  Luk did do some lego for a bit.  He's gaming with Jia now. Kai got up at 2:30am and turned the tv on at 4:30am so now he's tired.  I was too tired to come downstairs and chase him back to bed.  

The weekends are going by faster and faster.
Lili just got here for project dumpling.  She ducked me too!  I love him.  They'll be so cute together on Oscar's dash for xmas.  Truly amazing how much joy ducks bring.