Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, November 27, 2023

We're all ok.

Look pretty Eric.

It's been noted to me by three people that I haven't blogged in a bit.  We're all good.  No need to worry.  Just stupid busy. And tired.

The 5th wheel sold.  We went to Victoria last week to meet the buyer and do the transfer.  We scored lunch out at May Gold.  The trailer is staying with us for a couple more months.  The buyer's son isn't ready for it.  

Since we've been home I've been on a serious mission to get Jia on track.  She is being coerced into a bed time, wake up time, meds on time, meals with us, vitamins, iron and D at night, reading/audio books with me daily and an attempt to get her room back under control.  Our teenager isn't totally cooperative.  It's been an intense week.  Progress is happening.  She is making efforts.  It's still too much work on our part.  Kids show you when they're ready for next steps but she isn't inclined what so ever to do these things on her own without prompting, cajoling and outright bribes.  Adhd is a bitch.  A brilliant mind that just doesn't want to stop for such mundane life things.  The deal is that if she can turn things around we'll paint her room for her Birthday.  Double edge problem with this bribe, it's giving her a hyper focus as she dwells on what color to pick.  

I sort of slept non stop for two days after our covid and flu shots.  I felt fine but was super sleepy.  

Saturday night Eric and I did a pub night out with friends.  That was fun.  No pictures were taken.

The new springs in the van lifted it 3 inches in the back.  Haha.  Crazy.  He had to put spacers in the front to level it out. We were in a parkade and I asked Eric which direction the car was and he said it's easy to find now, it's taller than all the others.  It really is!  I found it in seconds.  
I did get a couple black Friday gifts on Amazon.  One is for me ;) Eric put it in the cart.  A screen for Oscar.  I ordered it today. I will lose the cd player but get a back up camera and all the other modern things.  So that's fun.  It should be here Thursday.  

I've been wracking my brain trying to think of a xmas gift idea for Kai.  He has all the things.  He doesn't want or need anything.  I finally landed on getting a membership plan for the Forest Museum.  He loves the train.  I asked him if he wanted to ride the train lots in the summer and he was really excited about that. 

The girls are all sorted.  

This leaves Luk.  Who also doesn't need or want anything.  When asked he suggested an adventure day.  I have a few ideas but I think I need more info and clarification.  Does he want the whole family, just him and parents or just him and Jia with us?  Does he want a planned day or a total surprise?  I'm also considering gifting him a 'YES day'.  This idea makes Eric nervous.  Haha.  There would have to be parameters to a yes day, like an expense cap and nothing dangerous.  Whatever it is, it's clearly going to be unorthodox.  At least for Kai I can wrap up the museum membership punch card.  
Today Lili and I met at an xmas market.  She found a booth with Taylor Swift merch and bought a few things.  I found nothing but was happy to spend time with my girl being out and about.  It was really busy there, parking was full.  There was an attendant stopping each car and directing them to possible spots.  On a hill.  I had a young girl in a mini really, really close behind me.  I'm not that confident in my clutch skills.  Haha.  Tense driving moments.  I rolled back a bit on purpose when I could to show her it was possible but she was clueless and got even closer.  Then the attendant called the Jeep the green machine, I said "this is Oscar".  He immediately looked directly at his name, looked the car over and said "Niicceee".  These moments are incredibly funny to me.  I mean it's 15 years old and it's by no means perfect.  I view it as a completely frivolous, fun toy but Oscar keeps getting taken very seriously.  

The really big accomplishment of the week was sorting and culling all of the kids clothing.  Everything in the cupboards, drawers and closets currently fits.  Bags and bags and bags left this house.  Eric did a TON of laundry.  Jia did a lot of letting go.  We still have to sort her desk and shelves but her closet, dresser, toys bins and nightstand are done.  Under her bed was done and we found the floor.  Progress.

On Tuesday we have to meet Jia's teacher for a file review.  I'm asking Eric to do this one. Grimace.  She hadn't done any actual work at home yet this year. Sigh. I feel like as parents we're failing big time at this homeschool part.