Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Hot Springs!

Our last morning in Virginia City.
Doing the glamorous things.  
My last look.  I cried a little.  Much to Eric's dismay.  I mentioned that I didn't even see the horses.  Wild horses live around the graveyard.  Eric said he saw them lots, I looked purposefully at least 40 times.  However, I didn't tell him I was looking for them.  Our communication skills are superior.  Haha.  
We opted to take the truck route out.  Yikes.  Not our best plan.  No guard rails!  Very steep ravines. I was clutching the arm rest down.
Pretty but intimidating.
To Carson City to the Hot Springs.  
This was amazing.  I can't believe we haven't been before.  It will be a must do for all future trips in the area.
Heaven.  
In November ;)
We didn't really want to leave but it was lunch time.  We had good long showers.  I don't know what minerals this hot spring had but our skin was crunchy.  Then we made lunch in the trailer in the parking lot.
Oscar was whining and complaining about wanting an oil change.  We opted for a Jiffylube stop versus listening to him bing and bong.  I looked up the address and got a $34 off coupon for November.  We've never done this type of service before.  I made Eric go see what was up because a guy was in my door. He was vacuuming!  Then he did windows.  Who knew.
Next spot in Reno.  Hosts Steve and Carol are a lot of fun.  She might be my missing kindred soul.  We had a great visit, I wish we were staying longer.
It's a pretty awesome camp spot.
They fabricate show cars.  This is Nugget.
And Gunslinger. 
This one has won a ton of awards. I forget the name but it's a real coffin. Carol wore gothic clothes and has been featured in quite a few car magazines.  
Ending the day watching the sunset over Reno.
Magical.  

I think we're going to like this way of travel. I would definitely like to stay with the same hosts again.  We're cozied in for dinner and a movie.