Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Is Oscar Eric's?

A wee package arrived with this spacer.  Eric says it's his first gift to Oscar.  It's a doohicky thingy that will increase air flow or something like that and help with fuel consumption.  We haven't done the math, and NO ONE gets a Jeep for economical reasons so we're unlikely to bother but I'm definitely noticing the need to fill up more often than I'm used too.  

So, the fun new roof didn't leak last night.  Eric has agreed to let me try using it in winter.  Last night he installed the new screen/stereo and Fei played with settings.  They like it.  I haven't seen it yet.  They named the device Oscar. Today Eric is running wires for the back up camera.  Under carpet so not totally simple.  

When I got up today I noticed Oscar was missing.  It's happening more and more.  Eric much prefers driving the Jeep to the van now ;)  Yesterday he stopped at an auto wreckers and found an old friend there who has a whole spring, suspension lift kit for our Jeep, they're working out prices.  Eric was definitely excited.  Mind...I don't think these things are necessary.  I think the current situation is fine with a small tweak.  Haha.  Clearly the project is getting away from me ;)  One has to question if Oscar is actually now Eric's.  He is having fun and it's nice to see him doing things just for fun.  

I said the new roof line was a bit more feminine and he scowled at that.  

Ok.  So again.  I'm procrastinating.  I do have work so will be at my desk today.  After I catch my game up, have a shower and get Jia up.  

Jia brag, she woke up on her own yesterday and came down stairs and took her pill.  Without prompting.  Sigh.  Glimmers of hope.

Luk has made some questionably bad choices in his health care at school lately.  He really, really needs to speak up for himself.  I'm resisting talking to the school and instead working on talking to him, a lot, about what his responsibility for himself is.  Clearly the school has stopped looking out for him.  Which is the goal of course.  There won't be support at all next year so he has to figure these things out.  In a nut shell.  Teacher told the class to take their lunch kit on the field trip to the BC Museum.  So he left his pack with supplies at school and left on a bus for the whole day!  With no supplies!!  This scares me.  This was just fraught with disaster. Could he seriously not extrapolate that of course he could bring his supplies?!  

The three kids here are requiring MORE from us than I remember having to do for the 1st two.  I know we can't compare but were the first two this complicated and we just forget?  

Lili is moving home mid Dec.  She's going into her new room downstairs.  I get her current room as a quest room.  This is exciting on two levels.  One, the bed out of our living room and a place for the xmas tree.  Two, I get to move seasonal boxes back downstairs to the closet instead of having to bug Eric to dig them out and put them back into glory holes for me.  This all of course requires a lot of effort that I don't have the energy for. Eric is clearly too busy playing outside to be fussed about these minor house details that do not interest him in the very least.  Lili would be happy to help me shlep things around but she's deep in the end of her term.

Lili is on schedule to graduate in June.  Her next term is light.  Only two upper level classes left for her degree and the rest are elective credits.  That's why she is moving home.  She only has to drive to Nanaimo twice a week and her class doesn't start until 4.  Exciting times for her.  Oh, and she hears tomorrow if she's accepted into the Japan trip.  She also hears if she is on a competing team of four she applied for.  These two things will dictate which electives she needs because both count as credits.