Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Hired


McDonald's newest employee.
What ya'll don't know is that Jia has always wanted to work here since she was tiny.

She tried making me promise not to take a picture of the interview, I wouldn't promise.  Mom's are so annoying.

Of course we celebrated with McDonald's and bought her non slip shoes.  We're not sure yet when her orientation is. 

Today was stupid busy.  I'm hoping for a quieter day tomorrow.  Luk's class is skating so he's home until noon.  Kai is off to try a trade.  He's visiting the wood shop at Quamichan tomorrow and interestingly we sat on the train yesterday with the shop teacher from Quamichan.  Who remembered seeing us on our tour recently.  Small towns.

Today I worked at my desk after  doing a lot of dishes.  Eric took the boys to school, filled gas tanks on both Wranglers, gave Onyx a bath, took a load to the dump and mowed the front yard.  Also he discovered that someone stole the fancy drop hitch right off Oscar.  Grrr.  He doesn't know when or where.  I really hope it wasn't in our yard.  People really suck.  Then we took Jia to school, went to Chemainus for our weekly bakery/thrift store date, then picked up the boys, picked up Jia, dropped Jia and I off at Walmart/McDonald's and he took Kai to playgroup.  Eric and Luk came back for Jia and I.  We grabbed some groceries. Home to put them away, put another load of laundry on and then Lili and I went to pick up Kai.  Pick up is before 5:30. We got there at 5:07.  He was upset because I was late.  Except I wasn't. Sigh.  The day was highly planned and there were no minutes to spare.  

I did a bunch of kid paperwork when we got home. We're finally sitting and I'm still thinking of the things left to do.  Next week is super crammed and I need to do as much as I can in preperation to make it a tad easier where we can.