Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Jeeping

 

Our goal was Mt. Prevost.  We made breakfast, settled pets, did dishes and took off.  Without inviting any kids.
We needed this time away to regroup.
The hike is above my level.  I had to crawl twice and Eric pulled me up a few times.  Pictures never show the whole story.

I opted to just enjoy this view and skip the cairn.  We can't make out our house but we can point to the area.
The day started so sunny then was arctic. Then sunny and ending with a wind storm, rain, snow and hail.
Copper Canyon.
I'd never been there before.
It's gorgeous.

Eric attempted things that were more than I wanted to try.  Haha.  I did get out at one point and watched him climb up an area that was sooo not a road.
Actually we were on lots of trails that can't really be called roads.
At one point we came up against a big truck on a single lane so Eric whipped into the ditch and drove up the other side and drove past him straddling the ditch.  Hillarious.

Again, the picture just doesn't do the hill justice.  This was downright scary.  I'm not sure which was scarier, going up or going down.
Ocean views.



Naps and lunch on a totally remote mountain top.  Heaven.  

We picked up groceries and were home around four.
Back to the chores and responsibilities.