Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, April 15, 2024

Plaids

 

Omg, how cute are they?!  Wearing matching plaids.  Overall they did better this trip. However Finn didn't eat enough Friday night and ended up vomiting yellow foam.  10 episodes from 4am to 7:30am.  I leapt up each time.  Nothing wakes me up faster than anyone vomiting.  Poor wee guy was pretty upset.  At one point he stood up, leaned over and puked into the girls bed.  Atta boy.  

We camped Rathtrevor again and it was still stupid cold.
We were camping with friends.  1st night they had an rv plumbing problem so couldn't make it out.  Eric got me and the kids set up and back tracked to help them.  So the 3 boys and I settled the pups, ate dinner and called it an early night.  We were all exhausted so this worked out ok. Lili had her last day of classes but still has some work to do so didn't show up until late to camp in her car again.

Fei came out to spend a day with us.  Luk and I took her to see the Little Mountain Lookout.  

It's truely impressive.

Fei stayed for dinner and fire then her car fob wouldn't work so we made her a bed at the dinette, she went to her car for a blanket and it worked so she took off for home.  Lili had headed home just before her.  So, we almost got Fei camping for a night. Her spare key at home works so it was just a dead battery. 

I didn't take many pics.  The weekend was whirlwind.  I had hoped for some relaxing time but that didn't happen.  It was too cold to stitch a duck.  Our plan was to stay Sunday night since the boys have no school Monday but Jia got his first training work shift for 8am Monday so we packed up after lunch and came home early.

Lili just put a Ring camera at the front door so that was hillarious yesterday.  It was so nice out when we came home and we were back and forth bringing things in.  Eric was moving cars and the trailer around and Isabel and Walter kept setting the Ring off.  Constant chimes on the phone.  At one point I layed on my porch  in the sun and I heard Lili say "I see a foot".  Haha.  She was in Victoria just checking in.  We chatted for a minute through the device before she just called me.  The jury is out on if we like this thing or not.  I can see the benefits but in the meantime it's also maybe a tad intrusive or creepy?  

The new mattress did make for a much more comfy sleep.  It is a lot higher so it also took a seating place away and meant the fancy shelf by our feet had to come out.  We are definitely short of storage in there.  Still looking for more creative ideas.

I got Eric in with my Doctor!  He has a meet and greet scheduled.  Yay.

I have an appointment with the Endocrinologist today.  My numbers are all improved and super close to being within the normal range. I'm still hoping to avoid insulin.