Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, October 8, 2010

An evening stroll/adventure

We have a picture of the girls in the same spot from 6 years ago.  My how they've grown!

Tire shop


Hardware store


Seaweed Pringles!  Yum. 

We decided to walk to the grocery/dept. store.  We attract a HUGE amount of attention, considerably more than on previous trips.  Not sure why.  The girls were approached many times and clearly the folks don't understand why they won't answer and they're too shy and scared to start blabbering in English as we've instructed them to do. 

We saw some extremely interesting little shops, pictures will show a tire shop and a hardware store.  We got some food and water for the room and the girls had a blast picking out goodies and treats and the ladies working there had a great time watching them and trying to help.

Unfortunately at the end of our walk, Mom was robbed.  A fellow opened her back pack and got her wallet.  She didn't feel a thing.  The staff at the hotel told us there was no point in even reporting it.  Luckily he didn't get much, but we do have to deal with the visa card. 

Now we're back in our room, ready to have noodles and fruit for dinner. 

From Fei:  It was really fun exploring around Nanchang tonight.  I'm starving and I can't wait to eat my noodles and eat my jelly treat.  Outside our window there is a giant bridge and hotel that light up different colors.  It's so cool.

From Lili:  I lost my tooth today.  It was hurting, so Mama pulled it out.  Now I'm wondering if there are tooth fairies in China, and if there is does she leave yuan instead?   I was scared when I heard that Grandma got robbed but everyone is OK so I feel better now.  I had a blast shopping today.  It was really fun.  The smells are interesting.  I'd use other words but Mom won't let me.   

From Shirley:  Having a pretty big experience here so far!  Hoping to take it a little easier tomorrow.