Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Great Wall

 
A jade happiness ball, how cool.

A giant feng shuay (sp?) cabbage, they're all the 'thing' at the jade factory now.


Ok everyone, let;s go to the Great Wall, I'm driving!






 
Hang on Lili!  It's pretty steep!









Graffitti at the Great Wall, shameful.



Lunch at the Friendship store, out of order.

Another jade picture, out of order.


Jade carving, that you can watch through the glass.

Nap time is always nap time, where ever you are.

Acrobat show.


Look what Mom found for me.


I was too tired last night to blog.  Wore Jia all day and she does get heavy.  We started out early, first the Jade factory, then the Great Wall to a different place than where we went the first two times, sorry no names, I just don't pay that much attention with Jia around, late lunch at the friendship store that was awesome as usual and finally to see the Chinese Acrobats.  The Great Wall was fabulous, not too cold and we got two hours there.  Lili and Eric climbed for quite a bit.  Then Lili bought an "I climbed the Great Wall" t-shirt.  The acrobat show was considerably better than the last time we saw it,  this is the 'after the Olympics' show.  So better ;)  We also had a tour of the Olympic village, well actually Jia and I slept through that part of the day but I 'hear' we went through it.  Jia, Fei and I went home after the show, Lili, Eric and Mom ran errands and brought back Subway, again to Lili's delight.  Late dinner at 8:00.  Jia did great being out all day. 

We're not sure yet what we're doing this morning.  I need to be back here at the hotel for 3:30 to go back to the Canadian Embassy and then we're supposed to have a celebration dinner but the other family isn't going and Mom can't get vegan food when other people arrange it for her so I'm not sure we'll bother going either, seems kind of silly for a bus to pick just us up.  Some parts of being on our own are great but often I miss the group stuff. 
Opps, I loaded pictures after writing and some of them are out of order. 

Hi Aidan, Thanks for the nice message.  I liked hearing from you.  I'm coming home in two days.  I really miss you all.  I can't wait till you meet my sister Jia.  Yesterday we went to the Great Wall, Daddy and I climbed and when we were done Daddy bought me a t-shirt that said "I climbed the Great Wall".  It was fun.  From Lili.