Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Temple of Heaven


Nap #1 in the cab.







Nap #2 at the temple.

Nap #3 on the cab ride back.



You'll notice Little Miss is on her 4th nap!

We went to the Temple of Heaven today.  It was nice there.  Lots of people dancing in the outer area.  It's huge, much bigger than I was expecting.  Today was a good day to just go for a wonder so it was a good choice.  In the afternoon I had to go back to the Canadian Embassy to pick up the baby's landing papers and get her passport back.  I got to go inside today, traded my passport for a visitor's badge.  It was so lame but monumental just the same.  All Chinese employees.  I asked if there was Canadian people working there and I was met with blank stares :)  So, we're all done with the paperwork.  When I got back to the hotel a half hour late, we raced off to our celebration dinner.  Just our family.  It was in a nice private room and they went out of their way to make sure there was food for Mom.  Mr. Yang ate with us and he was awesome with the kids.  He has one daughter who is 20 and she has actually been our interpreter twice here in Beijing.  We're not totally clear if Mr. Yang is our guide or our bus driver, either way he's lovely.

We're going to a park tomorrow, the one that the Hutong tour goes through.  I told Mr. Yang that I wanted to get to the lake you can walk around and the ancient street and he's told us how to do that without taking the Hutong tour.  The tour is nice but it's three hours and it ends at a Govt. tea house and we're not interested in that part.

Two more sleeps, one more day here in Beijing.  I've given up trying to tidy the room, we'll be packing soon enough.  Eric and the girls are watching an old Western.  I'm going to load some pictures and then give Jia a bottle.  Mom, Fei and Eric have given her bottles today, so far it's been all on me.  I've missed feeding her and I missed her to go to the Embassy, it took two hours. I also missed her first swimming adventure. 

I can't wait for you all to meet her.