Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A feather for Fei




Fei has been wanting a feather in her hair, all the rage around here.  I thought $24 for three feathers was outrageous and just wanted one but the kiosk in the mall wouldn't sell just one.  Meanie Mom said no.  I also worried she'd pick some wild color that I'd have to look at all summer since they stay in 6 - 8 weeks.   So, Grandma hearing that Fei wanted one set off to Victoria with the girls today and they ended up at a hair salon and Miss Fei picked out one feather for $20.  Wow.  Lili texted me some pictures from her phone and it looks sweet on her and she picked a very mature feather that will look nice with everything she wears.  So grown up our little Fei.   

Oh ya' and did I mention anywhere that Fei is going away to sleep away camp for  a whole week?!  I honestly didn't think we'd ever see the day she'd agree to go.  It's shocking and exciting all at once.  She is going with Abigail, her China sister.   She'll be away the second week that Lili and I are in China.  Eric will pick Fei up from camp and then Lili and I from the ferry.  That's going to be one wild evening with tons and tons to talk about! 

Eric is starting to worry a bit about how Jia will react being on her own with him for two weeks, especially now that Fei will be gone the second week!  He's asked for a wee trial alone with Jia, so the big girls and I are going tenting this Friday with Catherine, Anna and Abigail.  Jia will get to see us all go for two nights and see that we come home too.  Hoping that will help her with the two weeks.