Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The tent





The whole roof is screen so we can star gaze if we want to.  Very cool.

Where on earth does this pole go?!

Apparently watching Fei and I put the tent up was exhausting :)

Our five man tent is 20 years old and sleeps four.  I've been wanting a bigger tent.  I found one in a flyer that I wanted, an 8 man.  Ohhh, ahhhh.  It will be huge and we'll have room for all our clothing and the porta potty and it will be wonderful.  Eric bought it for me Friday and my plan for Saturday was for the girls and I to set it up on our own because we'll need to do it on our own next Friday.  Pulled the whole thing apart and there were no instructions.  Seriously.  I know a lot of people can just look at stuff and put it together but Fei and I just laughed.  Mom was there too but she was trying  really hard to stay out of it because the girls and I needed to learn.  The packaging says 15 minutes to put up.  It was an hour and a half for Fei and I.  Lili turned out to be very little help.  Jia tried, bless her, she had her hands on something almost the whole time but she wan't ever actually any help :)  So, it was hot and frustrating and funny.  We finally got it up and our 8 man tent looks like it will sleep 4.  Arg.  It does have a nice screened in outside section that will work for the porta potty and shoes.  Grandma came over later for a sleep over in it, she squished in between the girls.  Jia was too keyed up to even lay down so we called Eric at midnight to come and get her.  She stayed up with Eric until 2am.  The rest of us had a great sleep in the new tent.  We asked Jia if she wanted to sleep in the tent the next night and she said 'no tankyou'.   Will try to get a picture of it actually up this weekend.