Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Up and going

We crashed last night.  Got the photos up from yesterday, they're glitchy.  Couldn't seperate some, can't add captions.  Not going to spend time fixing it.

Catherine and Mom, we accidently found the five story children's store.  Lili was thrilled with the toy dept. but we only had 7 minutes there.  I don't think we'll have time to get back either.  Was hoping for shoes for Jia.  Going to have to shop in Shanghai on the way home I think.

Yesterday we had to signal to sellers while we were running behind our guide to buy popsicles and water.  With money in hand, making transactions while moving.  Wild.  Can't believe the kids aren't offered any breaks. 

No worries on the sugar Mom, we're eating the best we can.  I'm not getting enough of anything.  We definitely fill up at breakfast.  Lili is not being as picky as normal and we've been able to pack fruit for snacks during our outings.  Our friend Mary, a nurse is concerned about all of us and she talked to the leader yesterday too, also partly why we're told today will be different.  The Mom down had an electrolyte problem yesterday.  Not really sure what we're supposed to eat/drink for that?  Penny? 

We're drinking TONS of water.  Non stop.  Everytime I drink I hand the bottle and she's so worried about having something go wrong she drinks everytime.  I've seen lots of parents struggling to get water in their kids.  Lili is really, really such a tropper.  We're both trying hard to be upbeat and see the humor in some of it.  I'd travel anywhere with this kid.

Fei, yesterday morning was so moving that you and I were doing the camp next summer, and then the tour yesterday convinced me we should do our own thing at our own pace.  We'll see what I change my mind to today :)

Lili is showered.  My turn.  Breakfast and leave the hotel for the Temple of Heaven.  Wish us luck on the rest of the day!