Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The group

We just got our list from China of our whole group.  95 people, 34 families, 41 kids.  The break down of kids ages is age 4 - 1, age 7 -1, age 9 - 7, age 10 - 7, age 11 - 8, age 12 - 4, age 13 - 4, age 14 - 4, age 15 - 2, age 16 - 1 and age17 - 1 and one unknown.  When I inquired about taking Fei at 9 I was told absolutely not, the kids needed to be at least 10.  Then to see this list with 9 kids out of 41 under the 10 mark is quite disappointing.  Of course if I'd taken them both we wouldn't be visiting Lili's orphanage so perhaps things worked out the way they were supposed to but I'm still miffed.  Looks like the bulk of the kids are 9, 10 and 11 so Lili will fit right in with the majority.

Our little BC group is down to five families.  I don't know where the other families are from, it will be interesting to find out.

Just spent the Canada Day long weekend camping in the rain and cold.  Didn't stop the kids they just layered their clothes and took off.  This trip was all about sling shots, jack knives, building forts and riding bikes without Mom and Dad in tow.  Oh the independence!  Our awning suddenly isn't holding back water so all of our stuff outside was soaked, including Jia's stroller and all of our shoes.  Ug.  It was a trial dealing with the mud on two dogs and three kids in the trailer.  Spent way too much time cleaning and drying things.  I hate camping in the wet, it's just not for me.  We did escape the rain one day and went to a mall.  I bought some shoes for the China trip, Keens, I've worn them to work today and it's only 10 in the morning and I've already taken them off.  WAY too uncomfortable, they feel like a runner versus a sandal.  Anyone know the perfect shoe for traveling?  I've always liked my echos but they're brown leather and I was hoping for black to match my purse, travel bag and backpack and they don't dry very fast.  I like my teva's but they are old and blue and I've had no luck finding new teva's locally.  Not enough time left to order them on-line.  Lili and I are attempting to pack light and only want one pair of shoes and one pair of flip flops.  I have 17 days left to figure it out.  As per usual though, no time for shopping and shopping with kids just isn't much fun.

I didn't even take the camera out of my purse this weekend.  Just wasn't in the mood at all.  They were so sweet on Canada Day donning their new matched shirts, which no on could actually see under the layers.  Jia gets sooooo excited when she matches Lili and Fei.  I would have thought L and F would be LONG done with matching each other but they get a total kick out of Jia's reaction and they seem happy to keep on matching some outfits.