Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Another Update

There isn't too much to tell.  Overall spirits are good.  Kids stay busy.  Not one of them has complained even once.  I'm attempting to ignore my phone a bit in the evening.  Means less pictures. The news is stressing me.  I'm not sleeping well.  Also trying to be more mindful of the kids.  Also attempting to get some excercise in at home since we're not out and about on our walks.  I've been doing 30 minute low impact sessions on YouTube.  Kids won't join me.  Apparently it doesn't look fun.  Go figure.  I'm insanely excited to go for a real walk on a forest trail this weekend.  

Eric is getting lots done.  He's finished putting the cedar up in my new room.  It's gorgeous.  Almost a shame to paint it white!  Tomorrow he is cleaning the room and getting ready for drywall.  Lili's room is really close to done.  A bit of touch up paint to do and her window needs casing.  Can't go to Home Depot yet.  Lili's new mattress is an 8" foam.  It came in a small box so I made them wait to open it so I could see it unfurl.  It wasn't instant. Haha.  Fei reports that it took a day.  Also her platform bed is way too low so I ordered a boxspring.  Keeping commerce and goods moving.  Next we need to figure out a curtain and rod.  Then she can move in!  
The littles used the box as a canoe but no one took any pictures.

We're used to grocery shopping every few days so this once a week order is interesting.  Again, they all just take it in stride.  No complaining.  

School work is sporadic.  Sometimes it's just one on one fun.  
Disney monopoly, math and planning.

Tonight Lili and Fei took over the living room to have their piano lesson on Zoom.  Weird.  Eric and I escaped to our room to watch our phones.  He fell asleep!  Very rare...this was only 6:30.  Didn't last long...they all found us one by one and I shooed them away one by one until Kai came in and made demands loudly.  He wanted a lego kit opened and he has zero respect for sleeping people.  

Normally Sue arrives at the office before me and turns the heat on. Now it's just me and Sasha.  She objects to the cold mornings!