Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, March 20, 2020

Updates

We're all good. All healthy.  A week of isolation tomorrow.  Looking more and more like this will be the new normal for a long time.  I will be thrilled to be able to send Eric out for groceries in another week.  In the meantime we do have everything we need right now.  I have panicked about supplies for Luk.  I have spent a lot of time online and calling.  I didn't quite reach the point of calling out on facebook but it was getting close.  Yesterday part of an amazon order came.  I tried to reorder and they're out.  I tried Walmart online one more time this morning and it was up and running and I was able to put in an order.  Waiting to hear that it has shipped but cautiously optimistic we'll be good for a month with supplies and meds.  Phew.  

I'm still at work.  Not a lot to do but it does help things feel normal.  For all of us.  Routine is still in place. Sort of.

Mama school still carrie's on.  Luk and Jia love it.  Kai would rather be left to his own devices.  I have discovered that he likes to be included but only so long as it doesn't get hard.  So he joins for a few minutes and then I tell him he's done and he takes off to play.  I thought they could all just start at his level and have some time together but that was way too boring for Luk and Jia.  Luk is pretty clever.  He is slow but almost able to do what Jia is doing.  School is about half an hour with me.  Trying to get their reading done during the day so that's on Eric.  Luk is easy, he just does it.  Kai requires someone to read to him.  He has a few electronic reader books happening for on his own.  The girls had leap pads with read along pens that I'll resurrect for him.  He'll love them, they're pink :)  There were 3 of them, one of them must still work.  Jia finds reading boring. Trying to think of ways to get her to sit and get it done.  If only I could convince her the dogs want to hear her voice reading to them ;)  She says I need to bribe her.  Ugh.

So school is almost the same as any other day with the kids but we're pointing out what they're learning as we go. 

I gave away almost all of our puzzles after the flood.  Regret.  Haha.  

We must still be too freaking busy because it took us three nights to get through Frozen 2.  Just hard to fit it all in.  Also, Eric and I still have an episode of Outlander on the pvr and we're usually on that one.  

The real sadness is really for Lili.  Missing the last of her high school days.  She was full steam ahead with so much going on.  This is hard.  She did get a reference letter from her vice principal last night that was so amazing I wanted to cry.  
Pretty cool that our classroom was already in place.  
Jia was dressed! 
Luk's school work.  Make a rootbeer cake.  Diet cake. Made with zero calorie pop instead of eggs and oil.  Turned out great, just a bit crumbly but still moist.  I asked him if it tasted better because he made it.  Nope, apparently tastes the same ;)
Jia's school project. Learn Nertz. She had a hard time controlling her noises and movements. However.  She learned in ONE hand how to play. We did three rounds, Fei joined us for the second two.  We didn't have to watch her or remind her of how to play.  We weren't brutally fast with her but honestly she'll clearly be able to keep up in no time.  She liked the game.  The zany speed and competition will really work for her. She's already asking if we can play again.  She was also jealous that Luk's work was in the kitchen.  So tonight I'll have her make the salad.  She won't eat it but she loves cutting.  Tonight she'll have to do all the measuring too.  Math.