Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, March 13, 2020

Virginia City

Another family came up the stairs and we were all sitting posed, I asked if they'd take our picture.  They were happy to and while our crew filed out I stayed and took their family photo. Jia was horrified, apparently I'm SUPER CREEPY and she forbids me from ever doing that to them again.
The boys amuse themselves quite happily in the room.
New guard rail the whole way to Virginia City. Can not quantify how much I love that!
I was last up the rock stairs with Kai and found these two perched dangerously. They're insisting they're perfectly safe...I'm insisting they are not and demanding they get down.  Sheesh.  Like there isn't enough to worry about already.
Fun exploring the lookout spot we took pictures at on our wedding day.
The wedding photo up in our bedroom is this pose in this spot. Us looking to our future. Kids wanted to recreate it. Just sad really. We were soooo young then. 
Proving he will max and relax at every opportunity.
Kai was calling for my attention because he thought this pose was better.  Haha.  The leg in the air looks totally casual.
First stop...the old fashioned candy store.
Eating said candy.
Next, onto the Silver Queen for the traditional chili dogs with sarsaparilla. It's good to have family traditions, even if they're weird. Or maybe especially if they're weird ;)
Hello our Queen.
Of course.
X2
The haunted chapel. 
Most of the kids wanted to see the haunted hotel again so Eric walked them through.  Kai and I watched candy makers make fudge.
It smelled so good on the street. We got fresh warm samples. Yum.

And then we shopped a bit. Kai had another fit so Eric and the boys found a bench in the sun and chilled while the girls and I explored. I of course was chatting in all the stores.  Jia was telling me it's creepy and trying to move me along.  Haha. Virginia City is doing great. For off season there was a fair amount going on.  We walked for four hours.  It was good to get to the car and drive through Silver City and Carson City. 
We looked up an In and Out burgers and ate there on our way back to the hotel.  None of us wants to leave yet.  There are a few things/places we'd still like to visit.  Another road trip another day. Reno was a hit with the kids.
Heading out tomorrow morning. Planning to drive out on the boring highway.  Avoiding the narrow, curvy, snowy mountain pass.  Also...super bonus...we should be passing by Heaven on Earth around dinner time. So we're all cautiously excited about those dinner plate sized cinnamon buns.