Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

I got a family Doctor!!!

My nice walk in doctor called today and was happy to hear I was working with the Endocrinologist and said he'd step back now.  I said I'd miss him and wished he was taking patients.  He told me I was a good reasonable patient and he would take me on if I was ok with him possibly moving to Victoria one day.  I've been without a doctor for 9 years so ya, Victoria is managable.  So it's pretty exciting!  My intake/history appointment is the morning of Fei's graduation.  On the heels of three days of Children's with Luk.  It will be an exhausting week.  

I did my blood work this morning and then had two phone appointments during the day. The pharmacist called today too, asking if I had questions or needed to talk.  Our medical system is a mess but there are still great people out there once you get in.  

Now I have to convince my new family doctor that we're a nice family so he'll take on the other 6.  Haha.  Lili thinks I shouldn't lead with how many we are.  

Children's clinic nurse called me back about the last of my questions.  Luk is all sorted for his cathing clinic.  Supplies are ordered and should be here this week.  His meds are here and we don't have to start until after the clinic.  

The boys iep meetings were today.  We heard lovely things about both of them.  There was tons of positive things happening for both of them. They are meeting goals and new ones are being set.  It's settled that they will both do grade 7 in the same school but in different classes again.  Not much about toileting.  There were questions about why Kai isn't 'getting' toileting. We just shrugged and suggested we think autism withholding is playing a role and he simply doesn't like to poop so waits too long and then tragedy strikes.  It's a difficult dance of enough meds so he can't withhold and not too much that he loses control.  We saw videos of him reading without assistance at grade one level.  That was cool. He's getting braver at trying new things and he loves his ea.  The team really wants us to move him into Quamichan for grade 8.  They were letting us know today how many services and adults would be on his team.  We've agreed to go in Sept and meet the new team and see what we think.  Luk would actually be able to access the same team and classroom.  Although I'm leaning towards Jia's hybrid system.  Luk wouldn't need supports if he was only in school 2 hours twice a week.  

We leave tomorrow afternoon for our anniversary weekend.  We have done NOTHING to prepare. We do want to stop for tacos at Taco Bell.  Love it.  So romantic.

Eric and I just texted a few food ideas back and forth.  As usual, we're more concerned about what the kids will eat while we're away.

I got super brave this morning and got a mirror out so I could see my surgery site from yesterday.  Tmi, squirmish medical stuff again, I had assumed she would take/biopsy the actual growth/tumor but NO, she took a decently big chunk right out of the vulva two inches away from the growth.  ??! That was so surprising.  And way bigger than I expected.  Now at least I know why it's hurting so damn much.  The bleeding finally stopped through the night but started again this afternoon.  Sigh.  I'm clearly, not resting enough.  She asked if I wanted stitches, I stupidly said no because they pull and then itch. I may have made a bad decision there. I'm currently parked on the couch with Finn and Sassy until Eric gets home with Jia from dance.  Then hopefully an early bedtime for me after the boys and Finn are sorted.

On a whim today Eric took me to see a Jeep Wrangler he thought I might like.  His effort at distracting me?  My Jeep is poised to hit 200,000kms any second.  That's usually his mark for when it's time.  But, I LOVE my Jeep.  The salesman's eyes lit up when he saw mine and his 1st question was if we would trade it in.  7 seat Commanders sell super quickly.  I wasn't ready to discuss anyone else having her.  Haha. So, the one we test drove today was pretty nice.  I definitely liked it. It's Tonka toy yellow.  I really would  much prefer that Eric would just tell me my Commander will run for another hundred thousand kms and I can keep her forever.