Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

So many tiny details.

So for the first time ever I couldn't get an automated tap form for the ferry to work on Friday.  Closed for the weekend.  No anwers yesterday.  Finally today got through and it's sorted but still no idea why it was halted.  

I called both banks today re the 1500.00 payment that left but wasn't applied.  Sending bank gave more info.  Gave me the account it went to but it wasn't for our current line.  Called Scotia and I couldn't be identified when answering the security questions.  He asked what the overdraft amount of our gain chequing account was.  Which I thought was a trick so I answered it's not a chequing account and has no overdraft.  Wrong answer.  ?  Then he asked for the last 4 digits of the home number on file.  4307 except that was wrong too. I mean we've had the number over 30 years.  He thought I should go into the bank and update our information.  Sigh.  So we did.  I plunked in my card and she said in 1 second, the money went to an old account that was closed in 2015.  Uh.  Really.  And during 3 calls no one else could see that?!  I asked if the bank would have ever found it and she said no, only if someone comes in.  Uh?  Seriously.  Why are they encouraging us to do everything online?!  All of our info on file was correct.  It's sorted.  Is this stuff happening to all of you too?  Is life getting more complicated in the details?  Is online everything helping?  Am I just too busy to be tolerant when these things happen.  Oh, and the gain plan is a savings account, no cheques, no overdraft and we don't even use the account.   

Next up for issues.  I need to start factoring in Luk's next Children's stay.  He has a cathing clinic on Jun 20, then sees the orthopedic surgeon on the 22nd.  Free day inbetween.  I sort of think Eric should come.  Which means Kai too.  Eric is not thrilled and would be happier to stay home with Kai.  Jia will want to come but doesn't need to.  Now Kai's teacher is attempting to get Kai to go with the grade 5's to a beach day on Thetis.  Not his grade.  He hates the beach.  The teacher was trying to sell the day as fun, ferry for the beautiful views, good food, pairing up with 19/20 year olds for intergenerational conversations and frisbee.  Yup.  He can't see the views.  Hates the movement of the boat.  He might like the food but calling it good on a school lunch is likely a stretch. He already communicates intergenerationally. The beach is rough for him.  Sensory overload in a yukky way. He hates the feel of the sand, the smells, he can't see barnacles, rocks or puddles so he has to stay tight to someone.  And frisbee, nope.  All of which is moot if he's with us in Vancouver.  In a hotel, with actual good food and something fun like the aquarium or science world.  

Kai is at playgroup right now.  Jia, Luk, Eric and I are POSITIVE that he'll pick Vancouver.  The teacher is sure Kai will want to go with the grade 5's.  

Also, I was just told Kai needs a clean glass bottle for tomorrow to mod podge a vase for me.  We don't have a vase like glass bottle here.  How thrilled will Eric be if I ask him to stop and get me a Snapple on the way to get Kai.  Sheesh.  It will be another crafted item from his ea.  Haha.  Sometimes Kai doesn't even recognize the things that come home.

There are an obscene amount of appointments over the next two weeks. Some routine.  Some not.  As usual, we're attempting to be as organized as possible so we can get out of here next Thursday with the boys.