Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, October 9, 2023

1st World Problems

We haven't been able to find a replacement grab bar for the Wrangler.  There is a decorative piece missing.  Eric glued my duck to a cork and shoved it in the hole.  Problem solved for now ;)  

I read that mini wheats with the sugar topping are allowed for me because the fiber count is high enough to not spike sugars.  We just stopped to pick up a missing ingredient for dinner and Eric got me a box then he packed me a snack for the drive to pick up the boys.  They're frightfully hard to eat without being in a bowl of milk but an A for effort for sure.

Now...here's the latest thing....

Lili has offered to come home for her reading break and wants Eric and I to take a week off in mid November.  Super exciting. So, where do we go in November?!  Not gonna lie...it's been a long, twisty, deep dive into the internet.  I've been all over.  From a couple days on the Clipper to Seattle, camping on the island, Disneyland, a cruise, Hawaii, a train trip, hugging sloths in Honduras and Las Vegas.  

I'd like to be warm and active/busy.  Beach is only appealing for a couple hours.  We need safe food.  The hotel isn't the goal so a boring/relaxing getaway isn't very appealing.  Eric is happy to let me decide.  Of course.  He's happy to do Disney and we haven't been there without kids since before kids so it is warm, easy and will keep us busy.  Eric would likely prefer a cruise with no kids.  Vegas has super, crazy deals right now on flights and hotels so it is also warm, easy and cheap.  He has agreed to get on a plane.  Which is rare so I feel a bit like I really should get him on a plane while I can!

1st world problem for sure.  

Lili is coming home tonight for a movie night.  The Haunted Mansion.  So fun.  We're doing a theme dinner.  Po-boys with coleslaw and baked beans.