Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, October 13, 2023

Looking for a document.

Arrggg.  

Our house insurance went up $400, again.  We went through this last year.  Not everyone wants to insure a 1910 house.  It would cost way more to duplicate than a newer building.  The wood panel versus drywall comes up a lot.  Anyway.  If we can show the release of the mortgage from Home Trust it will reduce it by $350.  Where do you suppose I would have put such a letter?!  From about four years ago, I think.  

I mean...I was just thrilled to not have a mortgage payment anymore.  I don't think the letter played out as important to me but I'm positive I would have kept it and I do remember getting it.

It's not in the banking file, or house file, or insurance file, or misc file or receipts file.  Last place to look is the safe I suppose.  I can't imagine why I'd have put it there.

There must be another way/place to prove that you own your property out right.  Land titles?  

Update, yes, it was in the safe with the land title document that I obviously deemed important.  

So, this was a public notice post for everyone to check the insurance discounts offered on your house insurance policies.  

Next dilemma to deal with.  Kai has an appointment on Wednesday at Children's.  The online ferry system won't let my credit card number go in.  So I can't get a reservation. And I'm realizing we don't have a tap form.  Our pediatrician is out of pink forms.  So, now making calls to see if an emailed one will work or if I need to line up at the crack of daylight for a walk in doctor.  What a day.  Sheesh.  

Never mind all the regular things going on.