Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Oy

The half hour drive took 2 hours!!!  Omg. My clutch leg was definitely feeling the burn.  I did voice my concern before I left about bumper to bumper in a tight stick.  The Universe then promptly gave me the exact fear in an exaggerated way.  Sigh.  It took 70 minutes to do 2 kms a couple feet at a time.  

I told Eric that Oscar was fine but I wasn't sure about me ;)  Kai napped the whole way.
I'm glad I packed lunch, we got in the hospital and settled in a family room to eat and then got called in early.  

No real new information to deal with.  The appointment was shorter than expected and way less interesting than I thought it would be.

I did make a rookie mistake.  I packed Kai a lunch and extra snacks.  Then put it in his control.  I saw it as choices for times that were free for snacking.  Dumb.  He saw it as a free for all, it must all be eaten immediately.  So it got super crazy at parts of the day all centered around food.  Because this was my mistake, I will be letting him eat them all, but still in an attempt to spread them out so he isn't vomiting.  Sigh.
He pretty much danced out the door yelling YAY when he was told we could go.  Then he took off running down the halls the wrong way.  The Dr. was panicking, I wasn't, Kai is almost always going the wrong way but he also keeps his eye on me, plus I had his lunch kit with all the snacks.

We were released earlier than planned.  The drive back to the ferry was only 20 minutes and we were put in line for a 3 to Victoria.  I had a reservation for a 5:45 to Duke Point but this gets us home by 6:30 instead of 9.  

Oh, and we heard from the 5th Wheel buyers.  They can't go to the bank because the kids they're buying the 5th wheel for have covid, the parents tested negative but they can't do the deal just in case.  Sigh.  They were with us Saturday.  Stupid covid.  Mask are back at Children's but no screening at entrances. So, are they a third set of flakes?  It's a wait and see.  
The ferries worked out for us today.  No issues.  You know I'm looking for them and prepping my letter. But alas, all good and smooth sailing.  Doesn't he look like a regular preteen with the charging issues?  He has played a lot of Candy Crush today.