Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, October 14, 2023

Sigh

My fault.  I didn't stay on top of the details.  It's so much easier to take Kai to Children's for the day than Luk so I relaxed.  Last minute seeking the tap form proved difficult and I'm stuck at the walk in line up this morning.  Got here an hour and a half early and am 3rd in line.  Sucky way to start a Saturday for sure.  Eric is bringing Kai to meet me at 10, when they open.

We have someone coming to see the 5th wheel today.  Eric has the motorhome exhaust project finished to his satisfaction so it can be sold now.  He's working on emptying it today.  It's so sad.  Sooooo many memories.  Then Lili is coming home to take me and Gramma to see the Taylor Swift Eras Tour movie.  So that's fun.  

Update:  big sigh.  Was 3rd in line, got to the window and was told easy, she could do that for us but would we mind waiting for her to check the line in.  Sure.  No problem.  45 minutes for her to check in the line!!!!  Then I leap up at my turn and she says who is the referring Dr.  I said it's specialty services there isn't a Dr so any Dr will do.  She says she can't stamp it with their Dr unless Kai sees one and the day is full.  But I was 3rd in line....too bad.  You can come back tomorrow.  Are you freaking kidding me.  I said can I leave the form here for someone to look at, no.  I said our pediatrician fills them out for specialty services all the time.  She tells me to go see them.  Yes, as I mentioned before they are out of the pink tap forms.  Blank stare.  I asked if I could have the blank pink form to take to the pediatrician next week.  Yes.  Finally.  I'm half way there.  I think.  A mere 3 hours.

Oh, and the moment we get to the window she asks if Kai has a family Dr and I say no, he has a pediatrician and he yells at her "AND I HAVE POOP IN MY BUTT".  Because the receptionist, waiting room and long line behind us all needed to know that.  Oh, and while in the hallway line up that is frightfully quiet my stomach is making all the noises and gurgles because I dared to eat half a peanut butter and banana sandwich because diabetic and not eating is no longer an option.  Then Eric dropped Kai who was salty because he realized it was a line up and he forgot his phone.  So he sat in a sulk breathing super loud.  He needs his nose cleaned out but picking his nose for him in the line wasn't a great option so we all listened to his breathing.  Just a wee glimpse into my world, just one little moment.  

Oh and Children's called back they're sorry, they can see a form was supposed to be sent but it wasn't so they can offer one for our return trip home.  Half nice.  However if we show up in the morning to the ferry without a tap form we move immediately to stand by and risk not making it over for an appointment we've waited five years for.  

Oh, and Kai didn't have a poop problem, he just has words that illicit attention.  I think.