Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Power

Lots of talk about power at our place.  The trailer has nothing set up.  The moho has full power.  We were planning to wait until the new year before we set up a new system.

While searching for a holiday in November for two of us we were narrowing in on a trip to Cancun.  I spent hours and hours picking a resort.  Then Eric offered up a bucket list road trip as an option.  Which was super exciting to me and something I've wanted to do since we got married.  And although we aren't sure yet where or what we'll actually do on our time away it was clear we don't need to fly to Cancun.  Although we do think it might make a great family trip for another year.  There are direct flights from Victoria if anyone is looking.  There are some nice package deals available.  

Eric offered driving Oscar with the trailer to Virginia City to camp at the rv site overlooking the graveyard.  I have always wanted to camp there!  I'm not sure November is the perfect time though.  I also fear that might be a lofty big trip for our first trip out.  

Also, we need to get the power sorted first.  So no flights being booked but I ordered two 600W solar panels with a controller.  It's a start.  Now we're looking for an inverter but researching like crazy because we're hoping for the ability to run the ac.  

Now tonight the weather is storming and the power is flickering and I'm feeling unsettled about not having our moho all set up.  It's still here and has the power but no bedding.  So I'm suggesting to Eric we need a generator too.  One that will work for the trailer or the house.  I already miss the moho.  

The bigger concern than power for the fridge and devices is the hot tub!  Haha.  Kidding.  Not kidding.  I've loved sitting out there in the rain but tonight was a bit much through the wind storm.  Sort of scary really.

The boys iep meetings were today.  Lots of talk about transitions to high school.  Gawk.  It was also mentioned we could hold Kai back a year.  Which at first was pretty exciting.  I love the idea of Luk getting to go without Kai.  With more debate and thought we're likely to keep Kai with his peers.  He won't care but if mainstreaming with his peers is the goal in general we should just stick with that. Drop off and pick up at the same place would be easier if they're in the same building.  

Not much new in the meetings. It's always surprising the work Kai is doing.  He is definitely not showing us his abilities here at home.  

I slept on the couch a couple hours this evening now I'm up in bed wide awake.  We're taking Luk to see his neurologist in Sydney tomorrow, first in person visit since 2019.  I suggested to Eric we take the van lest there be slow traffic and too much clutch time.  Haha.  Right now it's freaking snowing!  In October.  So, we should probably take Oscar.  This is just nuts.  But the wooly caterpillars prediction is for a moderate winter.  Sigh.