Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, October 9, 2023

Thanksgiving Weekend.

6 of us went to Costco.  We almost never go.  Jia has recently discovered soup dumplings from there.  Lili has been wanting a membership.  So we went and updated our account to be Eric and Lili since I very rarely go.  
We did lunch.  $23 for 6 of us!  
Look what I found!!  A camping score!  However, once home we realized the box has been retaped so could be a return and I need to exchange it but I couldn't go back on Sunday because for the first time since 1997 I don't have a Costco card!!  The irony.  Lili or Eric will have to run this errand for or with me. 
Miss Lili went to a pumpkin patch and corn maze with a friend.  It sounded like fun.  Now I'm trying to factor a visit in for the boys.  Who would definitely prefer to stay home but I'll drag them along for more forced family fun.  

Jia had to work Saturday and Sunday so we're doing our family dinner tonight. Eric and I hit the farmers market yesterday.  We'll have a vegan feast with Mom tonight.  

I've barely seen Eric this weekend.  He bought an electric brake kit at the thrift store for the Commander a few months ago.  He's now putting it on the Wrangler.  I had to question him on how he knows how to do this.  He just looked at me oddly and said I'll just figure it out.  Of course.  He loves these things.  Constantly learning.  This set up will take a while, the next time will be smoother ;)
I still have no clue what to name the Jeep.  I've never named a car before.  It's weird.  I assumed my Jeep was a girl but who am I to assume gender?  Haha.  Anyways.  I saw someone online with the same color and they named theirs Oscar.  Which sounded cute to me. The color is perfect.  I like the name.  Perhaps my Jeep is a boy named Oscar?! Or his neice named Irvine? 

Ok, and in the total crazy zone.  I wanted to join a local Jeep group.  Hoping for trail and pavement drives, possible food, toy drives.  I found an active group in Sooke and I was accepted yesterday and the first thing that came up is an invite for a Halloween Jeep drive in Sydney by the Sea.  Ahhh.  So exciting.  I've been telling Eric about all these crazy people online that are decorating their Jeeps for Halloween and I spent some time online last night looking for ideas to decorate Oscar? for our first Jeep run!!  I do know it's insane.  But fun.  Jia is all in.  Eric is looking at me like I'm losing it so maybe this is a girl event.