Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Autumn Moon Festival

 


It was a quiet year.  Work/school nights are hard.  We were three families strong ;)
The weather cooperated.




My plan today was to leisurely pack the last couple fridge items, have a shower, make sure the pets had full bowls and clean water and have Eric set me up at noon. Then I was going to nap while he picked up the kids.  

Eric had other plans.

He wanted to empty his garage to make room for Cheese.  Which meant me going through all the years of kids things from the moho.  You'd all be super surprised at how much a class A moho can hold.  I had enough books, toys, games, crafts, puzzles, art supplies and general amusements in there to keep 20 children happy through a rainy week inside. 

It was hard sorting.  So many memories.  They grow up way too fast.  I absorbed what I kept into the house.  I have lots of sorting to do in those cupboards but we'll just ignore that problem for as long as possible.

Then it's Tuesday.  So we went for lunch.  Horseshoe pub in Chemainus.  The food was great but we got stuck there when I put $20 in a pull tab machine that jammed.  Then the waitress went on break leaving one woman to do it all.  Several tables filled up and then the health inspector showed up.  Didn't they all understand about my nap?!  We did the thrift store, stopped at the grocery store for a couple last minute things and finally picked up the boys.

We were only 4 1/2 hours behind schedule :)

We set up, made dinner, got Autumn Moon snacks and tea ready and I was doing dishes as everyone arrived.  Rushed but it all worked out.

The tiny tree is loaded.  I don't know what kind they are but they are the best apples.  Just crazy small. 

I tried for a front view of the boots.  She is constant movement though.  

The constant movement means blur.

Kai is doing squiggles at school now.