Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, September 2, 2024

Osborn Bay

 

We got Kai into Jeans.  He isn't hating them.  They're ladies jeggings with some stretch so he can pull them up and down without dealing with buttons and zippers.  He looks so cute.

Shannon's early morning picture.

Dawn-Marie and Al made it out.  That was fun.  Lili came out twice.  We got Mom, Poppy and Fei on Sunday and my friend Amy came out too.  Lots of fun chats. 

Eric and Ken took the kids to the outdoor movie after a pub dinner out.  Mary, Charles, Jade and May joined us for the pub dinner.

The next day the men folk took the kids up the hill to the thrift store.  The boys picked out dvds and Eric brought back a pretty decent Chinese Deli lunch that we all enjoyed.  

Shannon and I stayed behind.  She finished her quilt project and I finished another 5 cruise ducks.  

Kai did his squiggles at camp too.  

The other kids get to take off, Kai has to stay with us.  It sort of works since he doesn't really want to move his body anyways.  The siblings are less and less interested in helping Kai in general.  Luk isn't planning to exactly advertise that they're brothers tomorrow on their first day of school.

The boys won't be in the same classes or areas.  I did get emails last night about meeting Luk's needs at school.  I let the teacher know that we had been counting on Luk finally having access to his phone in his backpack so he'd be able to call me if something goes amiss in the bathroom.  For the most part we can get down the hill in a couple minutes.  Anyways, the new BC rules of no phones might change our game plan.  We've been asked to come in tomorrow mid day for a meeting.

Can ya'll believe Kai is 13 tomorrow, Luk on the 23rd and they're going to high school?!  Ya, me either.

Nope, we didn't dress them the same on purpose.

Osborn Bay was great.  Small spots.  Neighbors super close.  I kept my table blind closed to give the family behind us privacy.  Ken and Eric parked facing each other so we had a huge area to sprawl inbetween.  Being right on the ocean is priceless.  I love all the people and dog watching going by on the walk.  We did discover that hanging back a bit avoided having to chat with everyone.  Although that's fun sometimes too.

We parked and didn't move the car again.  I know, weird, but sooo nice.
My goal was to hold down my couch and goals were met.

I've booked a couple nights there for Autumn Moon Festival.  Mid week I'm solo camping after the family comes out for dinner and the traditional lantern walk.  It will be the trial of the newly renovated, self contained Cheese.