Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, September 8, 2024

Juan De Fuca

 

So cute.
Cheese.2 has a mouse in the house.

Eric and I decided last minute to escape this weekend.  We ditched the kids. Packed quickly and took off without much of a plan.

Eric served me dinner, making sure food didn't cover the turtle.

We found a spot at Juan De Fuca / China Beach.  It burned a while back, years ago and was opened back up this summer.  Nothing looks familiar to me but it's really quite lovely.  We'll go back for sure.  It's getting full accessible washrooms next year too.

We tried watching a movie but I only stayed awake for about 20 minutes.  We finished it the next night.  The new dvd player worked fabulously.

We did run the batteries down with the 12v fridge.  I'm not sure what Eric's game plan is next.Possible swapping the old solar panel out for a better one or adding batteries.
The fridge was great though.

Eric lighting the wee propane fire.
I forgot how cute it is.

We were totally delighted with the new set up.  

The one and a half hours to get from Langford to Sooke wasn't so great.  I don't know how the people who live there put up with this nonsense.

Lili and Fei took over house, kid and pet duties.  Thank you girls!