Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Continuing Dribs

It was so nice today and Lili and Fei had the day off so I thought we should go out and do something together.  There were a few suggestions bantered about but once the word Tayrex came out it was pretty much a done deal.  Haha.  My whole family loves their food.  The sun did not follow us.  It's freezing here by the water.  I'm huddled in the car while the family is lounging after dinner.  I told them to take their time so I could play my game.

Lili's book order did go through. Still waiting to hear from two professors. 

Fei is still working on nailing down an appointment for gown shopping.  We have the date and she booked the day off work, now trying to fine tune the time slot so Hanna and Fei can book the same time. Damn covid.

News today that back to school will be the 10th.  

My Jeep was in and out of the shop quick and cheap today.  Loose sway bar. Eric brought her to me at work and swapped for his Navigator.  It's been losing air in one tire while I've had it. So he wanted to take it in.  Needed a new tire.  Lucked out with a used matching tire for $40.  

While Eric was getting parts for Albi's truck he got new shocks for my Jeep rear.  Just got her back in time to hand her back.  It is nice having our own mechanic.  He calls himself a grease monkey.  He complains sometimes but overall I think he kind of likes most of it.  

Kai and Luk have been fighting about TV shows. When they get caught fighting or Kai cries the rule is the TV has to go off for the rest of the day.  It's not working anymore. The fighting is escalating and Kai believes it's all Luk's fault.  The concept of two to fight is lost on him.  So, time to get more creative.  I'm thinking some sort of chores earning beans, calculated against good behavior with a flow chart and bonus points, making it super duper complicated so Kai will see perhaps not screaming and crying is a better way to earn TV.  

When we got to the park tonight Kai had three cries before dinner came.  I was holding the blanket while I ordered dinner.  He cried because he didn't want to wait and refused to sit on the grass.  He cried because Jia sat in Eric's chair. The 3rd cry was a mystery.  I suspect the  crying is escalated because the TV was turned off today and he has no clue how to fix the problem.  He has a tablet with Netflix, Disney+ and all of Shaw streaming so it's not that he doesn't have a screen to watch.  In large part he doesn't look at the TV, he rolls around on the carpet and plays but he likes the sound of the shows on.  Autism, always so many intricacies to navigate.  Logic does not play a role in his world.