Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

House Guests

On Monday Eric and I had to take Lili's car to Nanaimo.  Still working out the kinks.  We took the boys. Enjoyed a nice drive and made it to Little Qualicum Falls.  Checked out our camp site for the long weekend.
Combs for ice cream. I was trying to have a high calorie day.  Sadly this look on Kai's face is his weird version of a smile for the camera.  He does smile.  Often.  Just really not ever on command.  
Rootbeer icecream.  One happy boy.
And once it's a high calorie day you get to just go for it.  Eric got me a Rootbeer slurpee.  First one in a year!  One happy girl.
We did a bit of shopping for the boys.  New shoes and jackets for school.  They didn't mind the weirdness of being in the mall in masks.  I still don't love it.  I need another size down on jeans but I wasn't keen on being in my beloved Old Navy.  So I came home and ordered them on-line. Way better sale price on-line.
The other night Lili's car was beat on in the bay.  None of us are impressed.  Grateful it didn't happen to her new car.  But...was it targeted?  Are the girls in danger?  Is it worth the risk them parking in the bay?  To their slight dismay Eric and I have said safety first and they are getting rides again.  I picture a surely, unkempt old man with anger and drinking issues living on one of the derelict boats that is pissed that he can't get a parking spot. Sad world.  
Eric got new tires on sale for the Navigator. It's like Christmas for him ;)
Shannon and kids have arrived for a few days.  It was shocking how fast all the kids fell into their summer routine.  Love it.  
Zoey didn't want to sleep cramped in Jia's bed so Jia joined her on the floor.  Hillarious.  We need to find them some mats for tonight. Isabel was happy ti have them down with her.
My favorite Disney character is Mike Wazowski.  I couldn't resist the Mike and Sully shirts.  They're set for Halloween.  
International Dog Day.  
Silas enjoying the playground.  Good to see someone use it again.
Lili and Fei are out tonight at a work party.  Her last shift is this weekend.  She moves out in six days. 
The boys enjoying tons of screen time together.  In years past there would have been a super serious mess in there but they're doing great this year.