Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Lunacy

With loss of taste and smell, does that mean the covid is actually getting worse?  I have ZERO clue if we'll get to go on our cruise.  We're moving forward and as if it will all work out.  I spent a few hours fussing the details today. 51 pages printed out. Hotel and ferry booked. Parking settled. Check in with Royal Caribbean completed.  Waiting for our vaccination records to be approved.  The cruise line requires an arrivecan app QR code before we can board.  Uh oh.  I went on a  long rabbit hole search trying to figure that one out.  Since my app is unhappy Lili isn't checking in daily.  I thought I was going to have to make a new account with Eric's name, email and phone number but I finally deleted my app and when I reloaded it let me start a new trip.  However RC was wrong, today was not the day to fill it in.  Tomorrow is.  5 days until the cruise.  4 days until I have to test negative.

If we have to cancel and rebook it will definitely be a lot of work, never mind the disappointment but at least round two will be easier to navigate.
Oh and eating with no smell or taste is insane. As I was thinking things like, why eat chewy things that are a lot of work? why eat greasy things if I don't like the feel?  Why bother eating at all? I'm hungry, so I'll eat but just enough to stop hunger. What is the point of cake with no taste?  I feel dehydrated and I just want cold and wet food.  Then I realized 😳 that these are things Jia says ALL the time!!  Daily.  Is it possible she doesn't taste properly??!!  This could explain SO much. Also when asked which is your favorite she responds with a shrug and says they're all the same.  When they're not.  I would discuss with Eric and Jia but I'm isolated.  Interesting though. Ok, Eric thought it was worth considering.  Wants to do blind-folded taste tests.  Jia says she can absolutely taste but acknowledged that she does eat oddly.  And she thought my idea was funny.  Mostly she thinks it's funny that I'm distressed by not smelling and tasting.

What is the point of a cruise with all that food and no taste?!  It's distressing.  A first world problem for sure.  I do know that.  Haha, Eric just told me the farmer is spreading poop in the field, I get to miss smelling that.